NO SPARK HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got new cdi mag and spark plug, going to install them later today!

Attachments

• 1532966927048-596682777.jpg
    1532966927048-596682777.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 181
is your blue wire spliced into that green one? you have the kind of mag that uses the white wire as a spare for the blue, so what is that going to?good ground from black to motor head?

if mag is good and holding plug in hand does nothing, you probably need a new CDI as those can not be tested with a multimeter
also while grabbing your spark plug head wire and riding it you could get a nice spark if your Magneto is working. You really don't need the kill switch

Yes you do need a kill button, right by your thumb on the throttle.
Agreed one time my carb came loose and opened up a huge vacuum leak it revved so high and kept climbing rpms until it hit the killswitch and saved my engine.if didn’t have my kill switch it would have completely over revved. My point is sometimes you don’t have time to put the choke up and kill your engine.

My point is sometimes you don’t have time to put the choke up and kill your engine.
The kill button is right on the throttle it's so important, and only a fool would not connect it.

2_CopperBasketsOffBack2.jpg.FP

Then you can put an ignition keylock elsewhere.

2_Copper10Gkeylock.jpg.FP

Sorry for going so far off topic, but I can't stand by when bad advice is given.

"***SHOCKERJx***
You really don't need the kill switch "

I got this motorized bike 8 months ago and its been a nightmare, one thing after another, and i havent been able to get it started once.

Now theres no spark and ive tried everyyhing i can think of

I tested the cdi with a multimeter, tested the plug, and still, no spark.

I dont know what to do, please help.
You have your ignition wired backwards.

I got this motorized bike 8 months ago and its been a nightmare, one thing after another, and i havent been able to get it started once.

Now theres no spark and ive tried everyyhing i can think of

I tested the cdi with a multimeter, tested the plug, and still, no spark.

I dont know what to do, please help.

View attachment 82901View attachment 82902
You wired you magneto in backwards.

EngineWiring.jpg

My red broken shows it.

Attachments

• EngineWiring.jpg
    EngineWiring.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 190
nope, that green is spliced to the blue - black is hiding in back, but is connected to black of CDI - white *may* be touching ground, but doesn't appear so in pic as it seems shrink wrapped to middle of black

nope, that green is spliced to the blue - black is hiding in back, but is connected to black of CDI - white *may* be touching ground, but doesn't appear so in pic as it seems shrink wrapped to middle of black
No it's not, your soldered on black wire connects to the green wire + blue.
Just swap connecting wires and should go.

we must be looking at diff pics - no word from OP, so I'm guessing wires were right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back