Engine Trouble -no spark- troubleshooting magneto & CDI

Need some help i have posted in many different forums with no help read thru many forums to no help and i have tried every test i can think i had saprk at one time and it ran great then one night the exausght broke making it have basiclly straight pipe exausght still ran a few times then one day just stop running mid ride so check mo spark so i used a mag that i had from a engine before that i know ran before i took it off bike for bad viberation and put it on nun so i got a new cdi and i get a spark sometimes when i put it to the head but only if i put it on just right what could it be i have a feeling i bought a faulty cdi idk i need help been down now for a month and have spent enough money on this one bike to buy two brand new bikes with motors it is my frist one so i want i the old girl to run then i will upgrade on another bile and keep it for emergencys please help me it is driving me nuts cause if it isnt one thing it another with this bike

if spark comes & goes, it is usually a bad connection somewhere but can be a bad plug - when checking, don't forget to look at plug cap too

if spark comes & goes, it is usually a bad connection somewhere but can be a bad plug - when checking, don't forget to look at plug cap too
i have checked connections and i get shocked when i put a screw driver in plug cap and roll bike but nun when i put plug in i hope i got a crappy plug getting one today it is just weird that when i replaced the cdi and the plug it fired right up but i tired to take off and it stalled on me but that was my fault i think cause i wasnt going fast enough when i let out the clutch but after it stalled it never started again i thought maybe fuel mix was old or something so i poured some out an light it to see if it would catch fire and it did that all i did to test the mix but i am low on cash i have spend so much money on this one bike with problem one after another i finllay got the chains fixed now it wont run i am so sad i cant cruze like i want to or get to work with out walking someone on here has had to have this problem i have replace cdi mag and soon sparkplug what is left i am getting fuel cuase it drips out the tail pipe when i try to start it for awhile so it getting fuel thru motor i know these motors if they have air spark and fuel they should run till they tear themselves apart this motor isnt but like a month old with run time maybe a week 2 at the max so i dont know i am half bald from pulling my hair out cause of this thing please help

idk if this thing is poting my questoin or not but i replace my cdi and mag when i got the cdi it came with a spark plug so it got replaced to it fired right up then stalled when i tried to take off the stall was my fault but then it would never start again i re did all the connectoins then tested for spark didnt see nun put a screw driver in plug boot and of course got shocked so that good sign i and getting spark so i hope the plug i got was just crappy and went out from viberations in that short time idk this is the most annoying problem that i cant figure out on this bike everything else i have been able to researchy and find how to fix but this verytime i do what they say to trouble shoot it doesnt work i am about ready to just get rid of the bike for cheap to get rid of the head achebut i like it i want it to work

ok getting plug hope that it if not what else is there to check i got fuel compression idk what else there is but maybe old fuel mix but it does catch fire with a lighter but plz man idk if u have had this issue but it driving me nuts it did fire up once i replaced mag cdi and plug for a min but then stalled that was me but now wont even try to start but gas is leaking out the tail pipe from trying to start it and oh my exhuast broke one day so it is running basiclly straight pipe would this do it idk cuz it ran like that before and sounded great so i keep like that

checked all connections and test with a screwdriver and got shocked so i think and hope just a heap plug but the tail pipe did break the baffle off completely could that be the issue no back preassure cuz it ran like that before whit out the baffle and sounded great so i keep it what u think man

muffler won't stop it unless clogged - got broken pieces in there? - loosen muffler 1/4inch and see if it starts

No broken pieces but i did take the carb apart and found really lil piece of trash were the float needle goes to do you think a small piece of trash could make the float needle to not close al the way and flood my engine it is just weird it started just fine then stalled to never start again i have tried everything i can think of i got everything apart minus the motor to dry out to hope that will fix it since i got the small piece of trash out other then that i am goin to buy another new motor i dont know what else to do honestly i see people that put a thousand miles on these motors i only have maybe 30 honestly and this motor number to could it be just a crappy Japanese motor i was looking at the f i re hoursr motors from bike berry idk anymore plz give me help

Is your spark plug in all the way? Is the boot on the plug all the way? Is there a bare wire touching something (end of the white wire if you have one perhaps?) is the magneto new or old? Is the CDI new or old? Notice any odd noises when or after it stalled? Are you sure the jet isn't clogged? You'll need to take it out of the carb to check. Magnet isn't loose on the crank? Turning the magnet without the motor turning too is a sign, or easily jiggling it one way or another. Magneto didn't move did it? If you replaced it but didn't tighten it well enough the magnet could.be touching it and maybe causing an issue.

Is your kill switch definitely in good shape? Maybe take it off the circuit and give it a shot, if it somehow got wet enough to ground or short in the housing and you keep it attached then the bike will never start.

Pull the gear cover off at all? If you didn't then maybe give it a quick look, lots of liquid oil (not grease) could mean a busted seal and lost compression.

You probably checked this but there is definitely gas in the tank right? No water in it either? Water is unlikely to get in there by itself but anything is possible.

Ok did the kill switch that was the frist thing i did and spark plug in good conecctoin good cuz i have spark cause it shocks me for sure so i am sure i am getting spark now but to me i think that carb is getting to much fuel i took carb apart and found a very lil peice of trash where the float needle goes and i blow it out now letting everyrhing dry out and hope and pray it was that and it fires up tomorrow but idk honestly but that was the big thing i found other them that nun was really different from when i got the motor like a month month and ahalf ago so i am stumped and yall all i got since i am a newb to moto bikes but not to small engines so that y it is stumping me i got spark i guess on outside the combustion chamber i do but on inside idk and i am getting fuel enought to leak out exausght and air filter and i got air so it should run right i am about to just shed out the 300 dollars for a good american made racing motor and see how it does if i cant get tjos eumning then that would be a total of like 700 i spent on just this bike alone i could of bought a good ready built one for that

Back