No spark

Tpehrson

Local time
9:29 AM
Hey so i have just an 80cc motor kit on my bike and for some reason it isnt producing any spark. Ive checked resistence on my coil and it is right where it needs to be. I check resistance on my cdi and it has a reading in both directions. Theres no resistance on the spark plug wire and there was less than 1 on the boot, so I bought a new boot and wire from auto zone and tried to fit it to my cdi but it didnt work. Got any suggestions as to what I am missing?

Hey so i have just an 80cc motor kit on my bike and for some reason it isnt producing any spark. Ive checked resistence on my coil and it is right where it needs to be. I check resistance on my cdi and it has a reading in both directions. Theres no resistance on the spark plug wire and there was less than 1 on the boot, so I bought a new boot and wire from auto zone and tried to fit it to my cdi but it didnt work. Got any suggestions as to what I am missing?
Was the new wire a solid core wire? I've switched many out for a solid core fire wire, the wires are 8mm and have to be sanded down to 6mm to screw into CDI.
If not a solid core the filament inside can crack.

Was the new wire a solid core wire? I've switched many out for a solid core fire wire, the wires are 8mm and have to be sanded down to 6mm to screw into CDI.
If not a solid core the filament inside can crack.
The new wire wasnt copper, but instead was a mesh material. But i figured out i just need to get a whole new cdi. Thanks for the response though!

Back