No Speed!

I think the restriction (kink) in the pipe may be part of the design. I think the idea is for the exhaust to exit the pipe into the chamber before the restriction (there are little holles in that portion of the pipe, no?, then exit the chamber back into the pipe after the restriction (more little holes in the pipe?) and on out of the muffler.

You did not indicate whether you found loose brackets inside the muffler, nor whether the exhaust was well bolted to the motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing was loose! Usually there are two circle disc with pipe in between. Well when i took it apart mine had no top circle disc and it looked like the pipe had been cut. Maybe this could be the problem. I'm not to knowledgeable about this side of things. Could it be a shortage of back pressure?

Did you bike this motor new or used? Who would have cut it? Are you 100% sure it's the maffler rattling. My gas cap rattles and drives me insane, the clutch plate rattles against the cover, my chain guard lost a screw and rattles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the motor new!I bought an O-ring for my gas cap adn that stopped that raddle. I made a new bracket for my chain guard and that fixed that raddle. I'm just wondering if the guy i bought it from on ebay packed a messed up muffler. as of now i used soem jb weld to hold the end back ontill i get the replacment muffler. When i get it i'll break it apart again and take some pictures. Right now i'm only going maybe 22-24mph full throttle. 80cc 44 teeth.

An Intro with detail of your motor, not I bought it on-line, would go along way with this group! Almost all of us bought ours on-line.

Who did you buy it from?

have you contacted the seller with your problems?

My neighbor bought a motor from Spooky Tooth, the exhaust also had a kink but it was also drilled multipule times before and after the kink...He's hit the big 40mph once or twice running a 32 tooth and 26inch wheel.............

Back