No Speed!

F

Fishinglie

Hey guys,

I'm officially stuck. I have an 80cc motor that seems almost like it could be getting to much fuel i don't really know. I have checked the fuel filter. I have replaced the spark plug. I have Re sealed all the gaskets.

I hit a point and it'll act like it's bogging down. If i hit a slight down hill it'll kick over and pick up speed. Could this be a muffler problem? I have done everything i can find/research wise.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, It was on the second and i moved it down to the third and it just boggled down and had no speed. I moved it backed to the second and it seems to be running a little better. How fast should you say it should go on an 80cc 42tooth? Any other suggestions?

I'm almost through my fifth tank of fuel. The plug was black last week so i replaced it and sealed all the gaskets well and it helped a little. How much speed should i be getting? 80 cc on a beach cruiser. Sometimes my muffler rattles really loud at high speed. Should i replace?

There are a couple brackets inside your muffler that can come loose and rattle. It causes no real problem that I know of, other than the fact that it's really annoying. But make sure the muffler is not loose from the block!

Someone else recently started a thread about engine lurching, but I dunno if it will help out. The fact that it gets better on the downhill perplexes me. An 80cc/42T/26" wheel should take you into the mid 30's mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went and ordered a new muffler just because it was annoying as **ll. SO i decided to take the one i have now apart and it has a kink right in the middle of the pipe. Could this have done any damage to my engine?

How in the world did it get a kink? I doubt it caused damage. Reminds me of a melted catalyic converter on a car. Just boggs down until replaced. I hope that was your problem.
I have not noticed or located and Introduction post by you. Would you please be so kind as to do that for us in the "introduce Yourself" thread.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was manufactured wrong or something when i get back home i'll take a picture and post it. I ordered one from dax and i was told he sjips on tuesday so maybe i'll see it this week. Yes i'll introduce myself i have been waiting to get home to get my camera to put a picture of my ride also.

Back