No start... Sorry in advance for being a moron...

Search

Local time
8:20 PM
Okay... so I fixed the chain.. fixed the carb... got it running for about 3 minutes.... went home to fine tune a couple things before I took it for a little break in ride... took a break from the heat... now when I go to start it.. I start pedaling... get some speed... release the clutch lever... (while continuing pedaling, a mistake I was making before...) and soon as I release the clutch lever, the wheel just locks up, the motor doesn't even try to turn over...
If this is hard to comprehend, I can try to mount my phone to the bike and shoot a video...
I'm a moron.. so for so many moronic questions, but thank you to all those who helped me in previous threads, hope I'm not wearing out my welcome. Also thank you for all the comic relief in my previous threads :)
Thank you in advance for your help and patience with my dumb self

Okay... so I fixed the chain.. fixed the carb... got it running for about 3 minutes.... went home to fine tune a couple things before I took it for a little break in ride... took a break from the heat... now when I go to start it.. I start pedaling... get some speed... release the clutch lever... (while continuing pedaling, a mistake I was making before...) and soon as I release the clutch lever, the wheel just locks up, the motor doesn't even try to turn over...
If this is hard to comprehend, I can try to mount my phone to the bike and shoot a video...
I'm a moron.. so for so many moronic questions, but thank you to all those who helped me in previous threads, hope I'm not wearing out my welcome. Also thank you for all the comic relief in my previous threads :)
Thank you in advance for your help and patience with my dumb self
Step one, remove spark plug and try to turn engine over by hand, watch out for gasoline in the cylinder.

Don't worry about asking "dumb questions," no question is dumb if you don't know the answer. If your engine is locked up, try pouring a little at down the cylinder.

The chain is not locked up but that's funny you mentioned that because that was my issue on my first post on this website lol

How do I turn the engine over by hand? You mean like put it on a bike stand and pedal it?

Don't worry about asking "dumb questions," no question is dumb if you don't know the answer. If your engine is locked up, try pouring a little at down the cylinder.
Thanks man... do you mean try pouring gas down the cylinder?

The chain is not locked up but that's funny you mentioned that because that was my issue on my first post on this website lol

How do I turn the engine over by hand? You mean like put it on a bike stand and pedal it?
With the spark plug out and the clutch released just roll the bike forward.

No, automatic transmission fluid. If it is locked up the atf will penetrate and lubricate the cylinder walls around the piston and should get it turning at least.
About how much ATF should I pour in? I have a tendency to over do things...

Back