Engine Trouble no start

yes brand new bbr cdi and coil box

I don't mean to be an idiot, but have you tested visually for spark? I've had good plugs go bad suddenly with no explanation.

you have to go through the list one by one, as they have been mentioning above.

air, fuel, spark and compression.

spark is easiest check, then check that your fuel flow is adequate. look at flow to carb, disassemble carb and clean. compression can be tougher, I couldn't start an engine and had the fuel and spark. digging into the engine I found the seal behind the magnet had a little oil weeping through. changed the seal and the engine ran again.

for an air leak and you can't run the engine to find it, maybe suspend the back wheel (ratchet straps on the chain stays is one way if you can hang it somewhere.) so you can crank the pedal by hand and spray carb cleaner or similar while cranking it to see if it helps

this is just the way I go about the same issue, I'm sure more experienced people will have easier ways

Just for giggle try your stock CDI, i bought 3 of dem BBR ones and they caused a-lot of problems one was even wired backwards

no it ran one day then I took it out hour later
it wouldn't start when I let the clutch out no sound at all

no it ran one day then I took it out hour later
it wouldn't start when I let the clutch out no sound at all
Is your clutch adjusted properly? if it's making no sound at all and you don't hear the engine turn over the clutch could be slipping or not engaging at all when you try to start it.

Is your clutch adjusted properly? if it's making no sound at all and you don't hear the engine turn over the clutch could be slipping or not engaging at all when you try to start it.
when I pull the clutch lever I see the pressure plate being pushed out does that mean anything

Back