No start

What is the acceptable range of resistance for the coil? How does this affect the voltage output? Are the advertised upgrade coils really an upgrade? Sorry to jump in with my questions, but it is kind of related to the thread.

The cdi has 340 or so resistance but I still have no spark.
Is 340 ohms in range for the CDI? How about the coil, what is the acceptable resistance?
Pull magneto. Then flip it over and sand the piss out the spot where it lays against the motor
With an ohm meter, test between the blue and black wires of the coil, the blue wire and body of the coil, and the blue wire and the engine case. The ohm readings should be the same if the coil is properly grounded to the case.

The Amazon seller sent me another coil and GUESS WHAT??? The god damned boot doesn't fit the frickin spark plug at all. So I'm dead in the water cuz I just gave away my gl1000 coils and wires when I just sold that today so I have no guttable parts laying around to jerry rig. Pedal power restored, but again not having enough spark or no spark at all coming from this setup.

Now, to clarify... The ignition circuit is complete WITHOUT connection to the kill switch, correct? Or is the circuit only complete once the kill switch is added in. I shocked the piss out of my hand testing for spark with the shoddy connection of the ill-fitted/poorly fitted new cdi but visibly I saw/see no spark(as mentioned I did feel it,bugger) so this leads me to believe its going to continue the same no start protocols until proper fitment is achieved.

The Amazon seller sent me another coil and GUESS WHAT??? The god damned boot doesn't fit the frickin spark plug at all. So I'm dead in the water cuz I just gave away my gl1000 coils and wires when I just sold that today so I have no guttable parts laying around to jerry rig. Pedal power restored, but again not having enough spark or no spark at all coming from this setup.

Now, to clarify... The ignition circuit is complete WITHOUT connection to the kill switch, correct? Or is the circuit only complete once the kill switch is added in. I shocked the piss out of my hand testing for spark with the shoddy connection of the ill-fitted/poorly fitted new cdi but visibly I saw/see no spark(as mentioned I did feel it,bugger) so this leads me to believe its going to continue the same no start protocols until proper fitment is achieved.
Go to your Friendly Local Auto Parts Store (FLAPS) and get a plug wire that fits the plug, unscrew the old wire from the CDI and replace with new wire. The new wire might need to be sanded down some to fit the CDI. I use 8mm firewires and they all have to be custom fit.

With some spark plug boots you have to take off the spark plug screw cap or add one.
$T2eC16hHJIkE9qU3l3veBQSgV+E4Yg~~60_35.JPG

Back