No start

Waevi

Local time
10:06 PM
Won’t start. New carb, working spark plug, I feel compression when I drop the clutch and pull the throttle it sounds like it’s trying to start but just doesn’t. Any ideas or suggestions?

Ok so I think I found the solution. I had the carb barrel too far out so the needle wasn't going all they way to the bottom. Though now it's not making a out of gas sound it won't start after dumping the clutch. I am running a racing carb with no choke so that might be it?
Is this the style of carb you have on it?
They only have an idle screw for adjustment. The only other way to adjust is a fist full of jets and then it's trial error to find the right one for your particular elevation.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is this the style of carb you have on it?
They only have an idle screw for adjustment. The only other way to adjust is a fist full of jets and then it's trial error to find the right one for your particular elevation.
Yes it's this one. I am having problems with the clutch unlocking piece not working. I don't think it's the jets because it was working fine for a while like this.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Can't just manually turn choke on / off like the rest of us?

Also if the barrel wasn't fully seated you'd be getting more fuel AND air previously so possibly it could have started easier that way, I'm not sure. Mine usually takes about 60 to 80ft of pedaling before it'll start without choke. With choke maybe 30 ft.

Sounds like something else going on. Air leak somewhere perhaps

s*** no sorry, not the clutch lock the choke lock. The thing that auto releases when you twist the throttle all the way.
Yea, pull the top off the carb and see if the lock mechanism isn't bent or broken. The part with the throttle cable going through it, make sure you go easy taking it apart, don't want to wreck the little gasket on top. The little gasket, if broken, can cause an air leak.

Back