Screenshot_20220124-224819_Google.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20220124-224930_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220124-224930_Google.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20220124-225227_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220124-225227_Google.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 104
If there is any slop in your head set this will cause the top tube to crack by the frame neck with or with out front suspension

Try and avoid really bumpy roads even if ya got front suspension Bumpy roads crack frames

I'm not thinking off-road terrain here...... more so your unexpected potholes/bumps/dips on regular roads, would no suspension still be fine when encountering such terrain at, say, 30 mph plus?
I have a huffy with no suspension riding on roads with lots of potholes and stuff. Hitting those dips jolt you and I find myself avoiding potholes more than anything. Opt for a good suspension fork.

I tried going offroading once and I felt like I was on a jackhammer.

Besides the fork tube length and width, there's also threaded and threadless tubes. Some come outfitted with caliper mounts, other do not. I've been looking into this issue. Seems most have to be fitted. It's not a bolt on switch.
The suspension forks I'm finding seem more dangerous than no suspension. The cheap $100 sets have a lot to be desired and I doubt they'll hold up to 30+ mph street riding long term.
Look at the advanced builders' bikes on this site. I do not see any with front shocks on their bikes.
It would be nice to be able to fit like an 80cc mx bike front fork on a bicycle but even if you could make it fit the cost would turn most away.
It's looking like a solid, shockless, triple tree fork is about the best compromise.
And what Centurion just posted...quality tires.
Then just hang on when you're rolling fast. :)

Digital calipers are your friend.
I have one of those but I call it, "the most precise Chinese digital measurerer for under $10". Works great when it gives the same reading twice or three times in a row.

Be careful with them though. There is a communist conspiracy that makes it where when you measure you may not get the same reading every time you measure! Measure 10 times buy once!

If I was rich I'd invest in one of those $200 seat post shock absorbers. They have to work. The cheap ones are useless if over 200lbs.

Back