No top end power

Yeah i just learned that yesterday. I just want top speed. Could care less about low end power
Low end power is what makes it able to go faster, without it you'll never go fast!
Everyone thinks that porting is the answer to more speed and that is not really true, a stock engine with the ports untouched can spin 12k rpm if you set it up and tune it right.
A lot of people modify their engines, do porting and add all kinds of parts thinking this will make them faster and in fact they don't end up going any faster than a good stock setup!
The best way to learn how to setup an engine is to get everything you can from the stock setup then do mods one at a time to see if there is a gain or not and if not it's easier to go back to what did and try something else.

Low end power is what makes it able to go faster, without it you'll never go fast!
Everyone thinks that porting is the answer to more speed and that is not really true, a stock engine with the ports untouched can spin 12k rpm if you set it up and tune it right.
A lot of people modify their engines, do porting and add all kinds of parts thinking this will make them faster and in fact they don't end up going any faster than a good stock setup!
The best way to learn how to setup an engine is to get everything you can from the stock setup then do mods one at a time to see if there is a gain or not and if not it's easier to go back to what did and try something else.
I just like breaking stuff and spending 1000x's more than what I need too. I'm probably never going for 12k. I'm so happy at 5k rpms going up a hill with no struggle at all. lol. Really though I do spend way more on this hobby than I should. It's just so much fun!!!!!!!!!!! I want to have at least one of all the engines!!!! I just keep getting more 66's and steel sleeves though, lol. I love those the best.

I got some basic stuff from cdh and I thought it was good quality. (Sprockets and can't remember what else). Then I saw some dude say CDH should stand for Can't Design Hardware, so I became skeptical. But now that someone I trust trusts cdh I will be less skeptical.
CDH works directly with the factory to have their engines made. The have better quality than the no names, because they have a name to keep good. Not saying things don't happen, it is people after all, but they will make it right without calling you a liar. I came across CDH because I was trying to find an honest vendor. At first the extra money kinda turned me off. Then I got motor kit, my first motor kit from them is still running. I sold it years ago for $50 bucks and a some tree's. It's still running, how well IDK right now, but last time I seen it, it was doing just fine. Needed rings though, or he put way to much oil in. Anyway, I use CDH because I trust them. Never let me down yet, worth the extra money I pay for their stuff. Oh and my nitropropane bike is a CDH engine, plus the engine I just hand built, all CDH parts. TRy 'em, you won't regret it.

I have a bike (bad low end power) thats very slow to get up speed but it gets up there

CDH works directly with the factory to have their engines made. The have better quality than the no names, because they have a name to keep good. Not saying things don't happen, it is people after all, but they will make it right without calling you a liar. I came across CDH because I was trying to find an honest vendor. At first the extra money kinda turned me off. Then I got motor kit, my first motor kit from them is still running. I sold it years ago for $50 bucks and a some tree's. It's still running, how well IDK right now, but last time I seen it, it was doing just fine. Needed rings though, or he put way to much oil in. Anyway, I use CDH because I trust them. Never let me down yet, worth the extra money I pay for their stuff. Oh and my nitropropane bike is a CDH engine, plus the engine I just hand built, all CDH parts. TRy 'em, you won't regret it.
Ive bought from them before for a coulle of things. They are good. But for me i can make a 35$ crank or a 30$ jug last just fine. Maybe down the road i ll do a cdh build.

Ive bought from them before for a coulle of things. They are good. But for me i can make a 35$ crank or a 30$ jug last just fine. Maybe down the road i ll do a cdh build.
It was the green logo that got me, and the service with a smile that keeps me. I've had UPS totally smash a jug or a head, etc , and CDH just asked for a few pics, last time they sent me a new head, some decals and gave me half my money back. Which I promptly spent with them. lol. BGF is good too, another vendor I use. For my bikes though, CDH. Oh and Bicycle Motor Works is good too. They have the seal I need when I build. So I pick up some stuff while shopping with them too. I spend way to much on this hobby. It's become a lifestyle. lol. I have CG parts and engines laying all over the shop, tucked away in cabinets, cupboards, boxes.............. lol

Where is Bicycle Motor Works located at? I dont think I've ever heard of them.

Where is Bicycle Motor Works located at? I dont think I've ever heard of them.

Back