No top end

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RjB1333247

I have an 80cc/66cc China 2 stroke. Put on BBR Tuning gas tank frame with 26" wheels. HP Magneto, HP Carb...i recently swapped frames amd built a new bike because my old frame went to $#!T... I am having trouble with my top end speed. I know I can go at least 35 but what happens is when I am going slow, say, through a parking lot, it runs fine, sounds good and has good power. Also at speeds of 15- 25mph it runs and sounds good. But as soon as I give it more throttle the engine sounds like it's maxing out, but not wide open (If that makes sense?) And speed does not change. Slow down a bit and runs great again, speed back up and - - you know.

I have tried tightening head bolts, drilling hole in gas cap and even taking cap off completly, adjusting idle screw/cable adjustments, cleaned the carb, can't adjust float but it's not level with the carb(there was green liquid on the rubber part of my air filter?? What is this? Maybe oil?), checked flow through gas filter, checked spark(good)... ALL of this made no difference.

I RAN OUT OF GAS, right before I ran out of gas I got up to 31mph. It sounded good and had power, would have kept going but no gas.

I think i may have an air leak somewhere because when i rev it while idling, it comes down slowish(No more than 8 seconds back to normal.)

Or do I need to change jet size? I read about the carb and it come with a 77 jet and they have 60, 66, 70, 77, 80. What do these numbers mean and what do I need??

Right now my stock exhaust broke off in half, but when it did the bike got a lot faster, so i don't see why that would be slowing it down. Got new exhaust coming tomorrow!

I probably did some more things but can't remember them atm, if you have questions ask me

Please let me know any troubleshooting i might have overlooked or didnt know about.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back