Nomo gas bike!

Once again you obviously are ill informed,Electric motors are kicking ass in every form of motor sports and just getting better!In the second video the electric bike rider starts at the back and in the first lap has over taken half the feild and by the end is placing on the podium,There are many ebikes that would leave you in their dust!

I'm surprise you did not show the recent video where Alan went 78 mph LUL. Also, I love BrunoPower; his mannerisms are so hilarious SOOO MUCH POWAAAAAA!!! And, while it is just preliminary specs here is the Jay Leno Garage unveiling of the 2020 Tesla Roadster - 250mph+, 0-60 in 1.9sec, 600 miles per charge (obviously not at 250 mph). Check out 3:30. Elon is not someone to take lightly. When he saids he is going to do something 95% of the time he going to deliver.

Yea, the electric technology has finally arrived to be practical and useful to the average Joe.

Once again you obviously are ill informed,Electric motors are kicking ass in every form of motor sports and just getting better!In the second video the electric bike rider starts at the back and in the first lap has over taken half the feild and by the end is placing on the podium,There are many ebikes that would leave you in their dust!

LoL thanx for the info... LoL
Price tag please.
Still not affordabla for average Joe.
LoL
This was my main point. Cost and reliability. How often charge? Miles @ what mph?
Circuits fry all the time in DC because of many reasons. Batteries overheat. Electric motors are not as dependable as gasoline engines.
Go argue with a wall. Lol
215kw cant be maintained without constant upkeep. Upkeep is $$$.
Even 11kw is costly.
Until solar technologies become more advanced. Batteries won't know how to maintain or properly store that energy produced or supplied.

Last edited by a moderator:
LoL thanx for the info... LoL
Price tag please.
Still not affordabla for average Joe.
LoL
This was my main point. Cost and reliability. How often charge? Miles @ what mph?
Circuits fry all the time in DC because of many reasons. Batteries overheat. Electric motors are not as dependable as gasoline engines.
Go argue with a wall. Lol
215kw cant be maintained without constant upkeep. Upkeep is $$$.
Even 11kw is costly.
Until solar technologies become more advanced. Batteries won't know how to maintain or properly store that energy produced or supplied.
Dude you said that there isn't an electric that can produce the speed of a gas engine and that you couldn't be caught by one and your wrong!Batteries have come a long way,11 kw is easy to do and doesnt even get the componants hot enough to do any harm,Speeds on a 11kw setup are 50-55 mph LOL and you aren't even close to doing that,this info is stated so as others can get the truth not your uninformed opinon.I use li-po cells for electric high power builds they can put out 25-30c easily and get 1000 cycles from them.These motors are ac 3 phase brushless,no comutator to arc and need maintained and the windings are epoxy coated so they dont require any etheir.These are the facts weather you chose to acknowladge them or not makes no difference to me,Just seems weird that an electricain is so clueless.

When E-Motos showed up at the Isle of Man TT in 2012 they started quite a discussion about E-power See if I can find the 2014 record video of the Mugen Zero Ebike at IoM TT..

Dude you said that there isn't an electric that can produce the speed of a gas engine and that you couldn't be caught by one and your wrong!Batteries have come a long way,11 kw is easy to do and doesnt even get the componants hot enough to do any harm,Speeds on a 11kw setup are 50-55 mph LOL and you aren't even close to doing that,this info is stated so as others can get the truth not your uninformed opinon.I use li-po cells for electric high power builds they can put out 25-30c easily and get 1000 cycles from them.These motors are ac 3 phase brushless,no comutator to arc and need maintained and the windings are epoxy coated so they dont require any etheir.These are the facts weather you chose to acknowladge them or not makes no difference to me,Just seems weird that an electricain is so clueless.
None of these electric bicycles can safely operate as long as a gas powered. you have to charge them, you have to let the batteries cool off, if you overwork the windings of a motor you will fry your electric motor. And this is my point an electric bike needs to be babied.
Okay so show me an electric bike that you can use everyday. And tell me how long before you have any problems with any of the circuitry? And yes as an electrician . I just completed my apprenticeship . And I'll be working on my journeyman soon.
I don't believe in Battery Technology right now and I won't until the solar industry provides proof that batteries can properly store energy. And that's all I'm trying to say. When I stop hearing of explosions do to batteries overheating then I'll change my views on this topic.
Electricity is very dangerous and it only takes one mistake. Your average citizen cannot afford to have an electric bike unless they have Deep Pockets. It's still a rich man's toy and that's what I'm trying to say. It cost money to keep overcurrent protection and if you don't have that protection your batteries will overheat your electric motors will fry themselves and if your amps are wrong with your volts in your Watts then you're opening yourself up to a whole different problem.
Until Battery Technology catches up to solar technology we will continue to have problems of batteries exploding for no apparent reason and circuits frying for no apparent reason.
Heat is all electrical circuits biggest enemy. You can't control the heat a battery produces.
I don't do low voltage and that's what these electric bikes are is low voltage. I'm a residential electrician. I don't pay attention to anything under 120 amps. Because the electricity I provide Brings power from your panel board and distributed out to your house. So yes maybe you are a little bit more educated in low voltage.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of these electric bicycles can safely operate as long as a gas powered. you have to charge them, you have to let the batteries cool off, if you overwork the windings of a motor you will fry your electric motor. And this is my point an electric bike needs to be babied.
Okay so show me an electric bike that you can use everyday. And tell me how long before you have any problems with any of the circuitry? And yes as an electrician . I just completed my apprenticeship . And I'll be working on my journeyman soon.
I don't believe in Battery Technology right now and I won't until the solar industry provides proof that batteries can properly store energy. And that's all I'm trying to say. When I stop hearing of explosions do to batteries overheating then I'll change my views on this topic.
Electricity is very dangerous and it only takes one mistake. Your average citizen cannot afford to have an electric bike unless they have Deep Pockets. It's still a rich man's toy and that's what I'm trying to say. It cost money to keep overcurrent protection and if you don't have that protection your batteries will overheat your electric motors will fry themselves and if your amps are wrong with your volts in your Watts then you're opening yourself up to a whole different problem.
Until Battery Technology catches up to solar technology we will continue to have problems of batteries exploding for no apparent reason and circuits frying for no apparent reason.
Heat is all electrical circuits biggest enemy. You can't control the heat a battery produces.
I don't do low voltage and that's what these electric bikes are is low voltage. I'm a residential electrician. I don't pay attention to anything under 120 amps. Because the electricity I provide Brings power from your panel board and distributed out to your house. So yes maybe you are a little bit more educated in low voltage.
residential current draw through the pannel is average 20 amps,40 on upgraded curciuts at reg volatge and 60 amps on 240 for clothes dryer or stoves.These bikes can draw 45-50 amps continuous at 100 volts with no issue of over heating any of the system including batteries.My Li-po batteries as stated before can handle 25-30c continuously and have an 80c peak,So that means at 25c the available current is 575 amps no house hold has that current available to any curcuit.Now with 25c and available current being 575 amps how does a motor that has an average draw of 40amps get hot? or heat up the batteries when they are barly working compared to their current limits?And since the system is working within it's limits Thousands of miles can be attained with no maintenance required to the system.My chopper ebike is 5 years old and I've never touched it since it was built and it still runs the same as day one!

LoL ok... Have a gr8 day buddy. All I do is rough-in and trim out. All day everyday no time for batteries and we have solar guys who come in when they install solar panels. And they don't install batteries on these solar systems. It goes right back into the system. FPL or other utilities companies buys your electricity that you produce from you at wholesale and then they turn around and they're still selling you electricity at retail prices. In the state of Florida solar technology isn't where it needs to be to properly store the energy.
I'm not even sure the west coast is storing energy. It goes right back into the loop from what I understand.

Shocker look up Zero motorcycles and get back to us.

Ok. Just got home. Been messing with FPL all day running meter to Transformer hookups. Switchgear work.
Are any of those motorcycles solar-powered, that's what I'm talking about, who's going to carry extra rechargeable batteries with them on a electric bike or the charger?
I put 30 to 40 miles on my bike a day and down here in Florida it's hot year round and that's why I said what I said. I'm not going to spend $2,000 on a bicycle that doesn't travel more than 40 mph. When I can spend $500 and have reliable gas powered engine on a bicycle.
Granted I am new to this world. But as an electrician I don't see what y'all want me to see. I'm not talking about an electric motorcycle I'm talking about an electric beach cruiser.

Back