NoMoreFlats

HunterB

Local time
12:18 AM
I'm in the process of rebuilding my motorized bicycle from the ground up again. I am tired of dealing with replacing flat tubes in the back tire.
I was thinking about placing a NoMoreFlat solid tube in the rear.
What are yalls thoughts on this?

Don't. It adds added weight to your back tire reducing your speeds by 2-3 mph and in addition because it is a hard rubber it is also a bad shock absorber. Lastly, the tube is very skinny so depending on your prior tire it will shift your sprocket or cause your brakes to be misaligned. Oh, and it is near impossible to remove after you put it on. LOL

There are many tips to prevent flats.

Don't. It adds added weight to your back tire reducing your speeds by 2-3 mph and in addition because it is a hard rubber it is also a bad shock absorber. Lastly, the tube is very skinny so depending on your prior tire it will shift your sprocket or cause your brakes to be misaligned. Oh, and it is near impossible to remove after you put it on. LOL

There are many tips to prevent flats.

Ive had them before but not on a motorized bicycle. Im okay with the trouble of getting the tire off once they are on. And im okay with losing a few mph. I have a bbr sproket adapter so its not goimg to move.
Im just wondering if anyone has already done this and what they experienced.

Yeah, I am speaking from experience. I mean it you lose speed and acceleration for the luxury of no more flats but the downsides are too great. I think the biggest for me is that regular air tubes add a lot of shock absorb and most likely your front tire will be bigger than your no-more-flat rear tire so its feels like an unnatural new angle to the bike. If you feel comfortable with those tubes and have done it before on regular bikes then yes it does work with motorbikes with the downside of acceleration and speed lost.

I wouldn't do it if on a solid frame. If you have a jackshaft kit with a suspension frame then go for it, if not, that solid tube will remove your only shock absorber in the rear. Expect a higher chance of bent rims, spokes, axles and frames. Your poor bearings will get crushed on every bump... There are other options out there. Have you given the kevlar tire lining a shot yet?

I have goatheads where I live as well, they love to grow on the sides of the road so I always get a few in my tire each ride. Slime with a kevlar lining hasn't failed me yet *crosses fingers*. If I had to deal with nails in my tire daily I would think if moving on to solid tubes, but I try to avoid riding in construction areas lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've used them all (liners, thick tubes, mousse) on motorcycles and recently put a Bell self-sealing tube on my Schwinn electric. They all come at cost of rolling resistance. Thin tubes (or no tubes!) roll the easiest.

Steve

Back