Non-bicycle projects

Frogslayer

I can't believe they get away with calling those new vans suvs. There is nothing sport or utility about them. GM really laid a giant turd with the 120k mile transmissions in those as well. After 2000 most automakers really went to sh*t.

Frogslayer

Just worked in this super stubby custom Tsman wrench. Need it to replace rear brake line on my Tahoe. Been thawing it in the 60 degree garage for 2 days now. It's not completely defrosted but i can scrape away enough snow and ice to change the line. What a pain!

Well here's some stuff I'm working on
(definitely not as cool as yours lol)

My 89 kx125, needs nothing. Starts fine, runs great (I'm starting to sound like a craigslist ad lol)

My 5hp techumeh or as I call it the "techcrapseh" doesn't run yet, I'm the process of adapting a Honda gx carb on to it

Then theres my baja mb165. My snow mini bike! I modified the engine a bit, added a torque converter.
it's really fun!
That snow mini bike looks like a riot. Love it!

Will'smotobikes19

On my Nissan the pcv is under the intake. Going to have to remove it to fix the oil burning. May as well do it myself because the mechanic will just say cha ching. Probably have to get a new gasket though. Either way it will be cheaper diy. Already bought the little plastic valve.

Will'smotobikes19

It’s the vq35de but it had 2 problems when I got it 2 years ago it was leaking and burning oil. Fixed the leak with O rings but it’s still burning. Which leads me to believe the pcv valve is broken or the rings/ valve guides are wearing.

The_Aleman

That's not too bad at all to do tho. This is probably why I'm biased to ls engines. They are so well throught out and easy to work on
I was a Chevy small-block hater until 1997. Always felt the 350 was an overrated piece of junk that lived way too long in newer trucks past it's original engineering design. Sure it was a decent all-around engine really, but it had a terrible rod angle (even worse if you turn one into a 383) and it liked to beat the hell out of it's main bearings. Terrible fuel mileage. Don't get me started on the old 305. I've had several SBC over the years, and while they were reliable af, they were also craptastic.

Then the C5 Corvette came out with that glorious new 346ci LS1. That sound, that effortless powerband, that low-end tractability, and LS1 Vettes can exceed 30MPG with a light foot. All of a sudden, GM didn't look so archaic anymore. Sure, there's people who say "pushrods are old tech" but most don't know that OHC is an older design than pushrod. Pushrod engines have a packaging and weight advantage, also tend to make more average torque.

It's all old tech now and it's still glorious.