non-ethanol gas at a Citgo

iwasgandhi

Local time
7:01 AM
I recently found non-ethanol gas (90 octane) for sale at the pump at a Citgo gas station in southern Maine (see photos). It's the only place I've ever seen it for sale at the pump. Although at $3.749/gal. it was definitely more expensive than the E-85 gas varieties also for sale at the same location ($3.099/gal. for 87 oct., $3.299/gal. for 89 oct., $3.499/gal. for 93 oct.), it was far less expensive than the roughly $20/gal. non-ethanol gas for sale in metal containers on the shelf at big box home improvement stores (Lowes, Home Depot., etc., in the lawn & garden section). I was pleased to find non-ethanol at the pump, because I've heard from various sources than non-ethanol is better for small engines, due to the fact that the ethanol in more widely available gas (E-85, for example) can ruin small engines over time. Perhaps unrelated, perhaps not, I've had serious problems over the years with "blow-by" (gas getting into the oil reservoir) on my 4-stroke engines, and I suspect E-85 was at least partly to blame. Therefore, paying $3.749/gal. for non-ethanol gas (as of Aug.15, 2021) seems worth it to me, despite it being more expensive than the E-85 varieties. While I realize it would be less expensive to use fuel additives
20210815_124154.jpg
20210815_124148.jpg
20210815_124034.jpg
to treat the ethanol in E-85, I'd rather use non-ethanol gas whenever and wherever possible, so as to better protect my engine. The Citgo station where I found non-ethanol for sale is located at 146 Pleasant Street, Springvale, Maine 04083. It's approx. 20 miles from where I live in Rochester, NH, which isn't conveniently close to me, but I can buy a 5-gallon gas container, fill it up once a month with non-ethanol, store it at my residence, and then travel with a 1-gallon Rotopax fuel pack on my motor-bicycle. Happy motor-pedaling, y'all!

E-85 gas varieties
NEVER use E-85 gas in a 2 cycle or most 4 cycle engines...This gas has high ethanol levels only for "flex-fuel" engines in cars and will eat out your engine seals...stay with ethanol free if you can always get it, if not then no more that 10% ethanol.

NEVER use e-85 gas in a 2 cycle engine...That is high ethanol levels only for "flex-fuel" engines in cars and will eat out your engine seals.
What type of gas do you use in a 2-stroke? And where do you buy it? I'm hoping to reassemble my Staton-inc gas bike this summer with a 40cc Tanaka PF-4000 2-stroke (purchased new in 2016 & been in the box ever since), and I'm planning on using the non-ethanol gas I recently saw for sale at the pump approx. 20 miles from my residence, even though it's not conveniently close to where I live. I'm hoping to avoid using E-85, even if it's 93 octane, and even if I add an ethanol fuel treatment.

I'm hoping to avoid using E-85, even if it's 93 octane, and even if I add an ethanol fuel treatment.
AGAIN i iwill tell you truly...never, never, never, use E-85 fuel...you will ruin these motors with that stuff...It is only for "Flex-Fuel" systems ONLY !!!

I'm planning on using the non-ethanol gas I recently saw for sale at the pump approx. 20 miles from my residence, even though it's not conveniently close to where I live.

recently found non-ethanol gas (90 octane) for sale at the pump at a Citgo gas station in southern Maine

Im assuming your talking about either Lebanon of Sanford area in Maine...Pretty much just across the Rochester NH border going into Maine.

Ethanol-free gas, (87 octane is all i can get here), is all i will use myself...I put 6,000 miles over 5 years time, on a cheap Seeutec China Girl 2 stroke motor using ethanol-free gas along with Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle full synthetic oil mixed 4 ounces oil to 1 gal gas, (32:1 mixture),...the bike frame broke but i still have the motor on a shelf and it still is strong, (im presently using a much better built Zeda 80 motor on my new build from last year and presently have more than 900 miles on it)...heres my present build that i ride most every day as primary transportation for around town...just click on the pic to see more views of it...DAMIEN

What type of gas do you use in a 2-stroke? And where do you buy it? I'm hoping to reassemble my Staton-inc gas bike this summer with a 40cc Tanaka PF-4000 2-stroke (purchased new in 2016 & been in the box ever since), and I'm planning on using the non-ethanol gas I recently saw for sale at the pump approx. 20 miles from my residence, even though it's not conveniently close to where I live. I'm hoping to avoid using E-85, even if it's 93 octane, and even if I add an ethanol fuel treatment.
Just incase you missed it.

You could totally throw Viton seals, stainless exhaust, and run e-85 or even more alcohol or whatever fuel you want as long as you tune for it like jetting and plug heat. You could even run a China girl on propane if you really wanted a dog lol.

Back