Non-standard jug and head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
6:01 AM
Anyone know of a good jug and cylinder to use in a 40mm stroke engine? I know people use the puch head but is there a jug with proper porting out of the box?

Anyone know of a good jug and cylinder to use in a 40mm stroke engine? I know people use the puch head but is there a jug with proper porting out of the box?
All the cylinder's available will need the ports cleaned up and the area's made to suit your needs.The timming's of ports are good to turn 12k no problem,though most will never see that due to being way under carbed.

All the cylinder's available will need the ports cleaned up and the area's made to suit your needs.The timming's of ports are good to turn 12k no problem,though most will never see that due to being way under carbed.
What would you recommend? Anything specific to look for? Most people on the forums just stick to a stock jug. Specific heads to try?

Vm22 is what they use for the predator 212cc 4 strokes. I would think it would be too rich on a motorized bike engine. I have a vm18 attached to a reed valve and a 48mm jug just haven’t run it yet
63CEA0E5-FE3E-4305-AE88-39C11A0A22CB.jpeg

Vm22 is what they use for the predator 212cc 4 strokes. I would think it would be too rich on a motorized bike engine. I have a vm18 attached to a reed valve and a 48mm jug just haven’t run it yet View attachment 84236
4 strokes take half the fuel so treat it as 100cc 2 stroke and also don't forget 2 strokes rev higher than 212cc 4 strokes. Try it out. If it acts up in the really high revs, go bigger. If you don't rev over 7000, you should be good. Also, I'm running a six petal DIO Reed while you are running a 4 petal. It will limit how high up you can go before the petals can't keep up but I don't know how high the limit is. I need a powerful screamer for higher top speed and a very low gear ratio because of hills around here.

What would you recommend? Anything specific to look for? Most people on the forums just stick to a stock jug. Specific heads to try?
1541043468731.png

If dio reed is the way you want to go this one has 3 bores to chose from and is pretty much bolt on.
1541043803681.png

This cylinder is nikisil treated not Chinese chromed and should have a good life span.Then there is the MXS cylinder from vertical minarelli engines also nikisil but requires some machine work to the case and a spacer used at the base.
1541044495648.png

Vm22 is what they use for the predator 212cc 4 strokes. I would think it would be too rich on a motorized bike engine. I have a vm18 attached to a reed valve and a 48mm jug just haven’t run it yet View attachment 84236
The vm 18 is ok on the oz reed but a 21 is much better suited.I run a 24mm carb p/p and it's about matching up to your port area's to keep everything flowing correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back