noob gas tank question

sgt.pepper

Local time
10:18 AM
Hi i'm brand new to motored bikes and i'm about to buy a complete bike that has a broken gas tank. I wanted to know how difficult it is to replace a gas can. and also i wanted to know if you can put a motorcycle gas can with a larger capacity on a motorized bike. And if you cant, places you can get 4+ liter gas cans. thanks. also sorry if i posted in the wrong section i'm brand new to this forum.

Last edited:
It's as simple as unbolting the old tank and bolting on the new one and putting the gas line back on (with a hose clamp to secure it). People have used motorcycle tanks on these bikes without any problems so if you find a cheap one to use go for it.

Could yall tell me if there are any concerns about a gas tank fitting on the bike.

You shouldn't have any problems fitting it on the bike. If you're using a normal gas tank (which is more than enough and should give you a 70+ mile range) you'll have no problems with. A motorcycle tank should be no problem either but it all depends on the design of the tank and how you want to mount it.

Back