Noob here, 62 yr old novice

• Thread starter Deleted member 31369
  • Start date
Thank you all for your help, got the gas mixture right from the jump Street so I probably just need to come my happy ass down and not dog it to death. someone mentioned a chain tensioner might be a problem, is there a fix simple enough for a novice?
I got to say I'm getting some interesting looks as I ride down the street letting out an occasional Ric Flair Woooo!
You actually have the one that Dan mentions, it's pretty good. If you can move the pulley to the top and the whole thing forward closer to the tire, it's less dangerous.
There's the arched mount for the idler too, he has one, I think he has a link. That one crosses the two bars at the back and can never get pulled into the wheel.

You actually have the one that Dan mentions, it's pretty good. If you can move the pulley to the top and the whole thing forward closer to the tire, it's less dangerous.
There's the arched mount for the idler too, he has one, I think he has a link. That one crosses the two bars at the back and can never get pulled into the wheel.
For some reason I saw 2 bolts instead of 4 holding that tensioner on.

Ok friends, I'm taking this over to my motorcycle building friend this weekend, I'll share this thread with him but in the meantime I would like to get my hands on a muffler clamp for it, however I'm not seeing one like this picture earlier in the thread.
I saw another one but the way it looks (see pic) doesn't make any sense you have a look to attach one end and it's strapped to the other but again I am no mechanic and definitely a novice when it comes to even plain bicycles. If you have any ideas or have a link to a better muffler mount for me, please link me up. Thanks for all your past help and in advance for your further help y'all rock!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-001234.png
    Screenshot_20210316-001234.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 118
It's 2 pieces, The big round end goes around the muffler and the straight piece ya have to bend around the frame. It's adjustable
They just ship the way it looks in the pic to take up less space so all the pieces stay together and don't get lost.
You'll understand when ya get it
I think there is another muffler clamp on the market that's already bent to fit the frame I'll see if I can find it. If not maybe another member will post a link for it.
Let me look

Last edited:
I looked and I found only the same clamp. Here is a pic of the pieces
I think now you'll understand. It's made universal to fit many different bike frames

DSCF3620.JPG

At least get a cheap bicycle computer so that you'll know how fast you're going. Wear a helmet and at least get a helmet mirror or mount mirrors on the handlebars.

At least get a cheap bicycle computer so that you'll know how fast you're going. Wear a helmet and at least get a helmet mirror or mount mirrors on the handlebars.
Thanks Jerry I've had at least two friends who got killed on bicycles so yes I've already got my helmet and my mirrors and my lights but thanks again for looking after this old noob!

well, welcome to the forum!

ill start with the obvious, you NEEED to add 2 CYCLE OIL to the tank, (id recommend good quality oil, such as Amsoil saber or intercepter linked here for saber and here for intercepted) but any good 2 cycle oil will work, but these are what i have had the best experience with (also Walmart tc-w3 oil as well)

now, id recommend dumping what he put in there, as you have ZERO idea if he mixed it right, what kinda gas etc.

also, here's a good video on basic maintain

for break-in, you can start with 32:1 gas to oil ratio , the "manual" says 16:1 but that ends up with a really sutty exhaust and a smoke train, id skip that unless you are running used car oil ;).

here's a good oil to gas mixing ratio

next keep the throttle light to medium throttle, its really not good to hammer on er too hard too fast when its new, that comes later.

after a tank or 2, let er eat!

you can also tune the carb to get you better performance and gas mileage, as these bikes come from the factory Hawaii shmuck rich.

id also change the sparkplug to an NGK B6HS after the break-in, as those plugs aren't exactly build to last.

good luck! and remember, just like oil mopeds, its gonna need some maintenance time to time.View attachment 102015

Hey y'all is the ngk br6hs the same as the b6hs?
I bought mine at O'Reilly since they said that the b6hs is not available and that the br6hs is the replacement. True?

it should be the same OTHER than it has a built-in internal resistor, but to be safe, id install it and turn the engine over slowly to be sure it wont hit the piston.

Back