Noob looking for upgrade reviews for my zeda 80.

Leighton

Local time
7:42 PM
Hi all,

I am a complete noob to motorised bicycles.
I've just this Friday gone completed my first one, excuse.my.language I fu#@&+* love it. Friday I didn't have a freewheel so just push bumped it and had a little go. Yesterday I sorted the back wheel and can pedal start it and it's a complete machine now, it's soo sick I love it. Who'd have known a bicycle can go that fast, it's insane!

I know I'm going to want to make it go faster and have been looking I to all the parts available.
I was hoping some of y'all can give me some advice on what's best to upgrade first if I was you and why? What you like and dislike about those upgrade parts and if you will need to change anything else while upgrading said part?

My engine is a zeda 80 and it's on a old-style road/fixie bike with the skinny 700 wheels. It already fly's, but I need your help to reach the statisphere!

Thanks in advance.

Bicycle motor works sells a ported cylinder. That should get you a few mphs

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to go for the thrust 2 exhaust from bike berry. The video I watched on YouTube gave it a good result over the other exhausts... If love to be able to weld my own though.

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to go for the thrust 2 exhaust from bike berry. The video I watched on YouTube gave it a good result over the other exhausts... If love to be able to weld my own though.

The thrust is not a good pipe, especially not from bikeberry. Be careful of youtube reviews, many of them dont truely know what they're putting in their bike. The thrust is not a real expansion pipe so all thatll happen is it will be LOUD with little to know performance gain

KX65 expansion chamber works quite well in my opinion, and seems to create awesome low end torque.

That and a good carb, not to big not to small, it all comes together and when it does you'll be smiling sailing down the boulevard :)

mz65 replica pipe works really well for stock and a bit modded motors. anything you plan on porting and changing the timing on you are gonna have to build your own pipe or go with a ktm pipe ( or a real chamber in general). i like the mz65 pipe for my family. i add a muffler, they are loud and proud out of the box. it was the best one mod i did to any of their bikes. instant power gain with a jet up or two from the stock muffler. makes the bike sound like a real bike too. also makes it really easy to tune by sound. for a stock bike, can't go wrong with a mz65 replica.

..All above good scoop. I build with MZ65 and a shorty FMF baffle. Get the carb running closer to rich, and keep an eye on your head temps. Did you say if yer baby has a window piston? THats easy and fun to do at home and has a great power return if you know the percentages to use on window size and placement, else buy one. Get a big reed box for it though or yer wasting yer cassshhhhhh.
Mostly always watch your chain tension, and get the best brakes you can afford. You gonna need em. GUARANTEED.

Update, I got a 36 tooth chainring. It lost a bit of pick-up speed but it m sure it goes a little faster.
I've been ripping with that a few months and only thing that I had to change was the bearings in the clutch, luckily there was a good video on the YouTube and easy fix...

I have the mz65 (from mzmiami) heading to me but not get that yet...

Today I fitted a high performance carb and I've only had a little ripp onit, to test it worked. The cable was a bit of a b**ch with the gasket in the right place, I was supposed to bend the wire around the right angle bit on the raising piece, right?
The fuel line being on the other side was a bit annoying, as the fuel ine barely fit across but just made it but moving the input on the carb a touch, which is a nice feature.

I think it may have got a little more pick up back, but will know for sure tomorrow when I've had a few miles into it and had a chance to compare.
I'm sure it made it sound different haha, quieter and whispyier sounding.

Can't wait to get the exhaust!

Back