Normal 49cc Performance?

ok, Thanks....what kind of oil do u use Greg, and where do u get it? So after doing hours of research on the boost Bootle, I decided to go for it. Got the hose and brass fiting from Ace Hardware, and used a 59cc Tabasco bottle. Then sealed it up with gasoline gasket maker puddy. I have noticed their is less vibration. It idols way way low, much quieter, almost like its about to die but it doesn't. Their is less engine noise. And it cruses easyier at 18 mph than it did before. Definitely a plus so far. These performance exhaught, u can get from ebay around $20, is their a major difference in performance with this?

2 stroke oil motorbike if you can but kids around here use lawnmower oil it's fine. Have you taken the end cap off your muffler already?

I like the Lucas semi-synthetic, I buy it by the qt at O'Reillys' auto parts. Like I said no smoke and mine run well. The exhaust on both I made or modified, both are a little louder than stock but they run much better. Learning how to tune the carb will really help, I've had to drill out jets on some and solder up and drill some smaller.

Thank you.... I got the Lucas oil. Iv heard some people say Don't Use Synthetic oil with these 2 strokes, is their a difference between full synthetic and non synthetic? Pro's Con's ? I have not taken the end cap off the muffler yet bc I have heard people doing this and having problems with the back pressure, what's your thoughts?

The synthetic oil is man made, the regular or non synthetic is petroleum based. No matter which oil you use you need to make sure its made for air cooled engines, don't use outboard oil that is for a water cooled oil injection engine. These engines rely on exhaust back pressure to keep the fresh charge of fuel mixture in the cylinder, on a bike that is rich removing the end cap might make it run better, on a bike that is tuned fairly close to where it should be if you remove the end cap it will hurt the power. Almost 2 years ago a friend was riding his bike to work one morning and the end cap center stud broke and he lost the end cap, he limped on to work but lost about a third of top speed. We fabricated and installed a end cap from plumbing supplies to control cylinder back pressure.

This is one of mine.

06100119591_zpszztdm0rh.jpg

Try it it's very noisy but 50 percent better take off I never seen a stock motor that didn't like the cap off

back pressure schmuck pressure a term bandied around by people that know no better. just makes them sound like they know what theyre on about, except to people that DO know better :D

you can run without the exhaust at all with no issues other than loss of hearing and noise complaints. yes, you do need to tune it to do so, otherwise, yes, they can run too lean as they can suddenly breathe a lot better.

if you want true power, you have to learn about positive and negative "backpressure", and get a tuned pipe that uses such things, and do require a certain amount of this so called "back pressure"...

synthetic oil is still made from petroleum. just costs a lot more. rather than just crack (distill) crude oil and bottle a particularly suitable fraction of it, they crack crude oil down to base molecules, ie, propane, butane etc, then recombine them into the same, a particularly suitable fraction. this way they can know with 99% assurance that a particular density oil is made of hydrogen and carbon, and doesnt contain the odd atom of silicon or sulfur or something similar... maybe even tellurium!

yes, the tower they crack oil in is called a fractionating column, so all products from the oil, are called fractions.

you want to spend excess money on oil for an engine that cost virtually nothing, go for it. is it more viscose? usually not. these engines do like a certain "thickness" to their oil, it helps things stay sealed up and lubed. hence why we run the same cheap stuff the commercial mowers use... and it doesnt seem to affect their expensive equipment thats usually worth 4-5 times what this engine cost.

You are correct, that's why I buy my oil by the qt. at $8 a qt. thats $1 per gallon of fuel, that's cheaper than buying Dino oil at wallyworld.

The carb can be tuned to run without the end cap, but why? I like to enjoy my riding without disturbing others. With a lot of states moving toward more restrictions on our bikes we don't need to draw attention.

Back