Northern California Whizzer Ride

whizz_kid

Local time
1:09 AM
I am looking to start a Whizzer Ride in Northern California (Specifically the Bay Area), and was interested in knowing how many people from around these neck of the woods, or farther might be interested.

I don't know any specifics, like day or location, but we've scouted out places that would make for a fun ride.

My crew of family and friends is about 8 strong, but it would be fun to get some more people involved in a little bigger of ride.

P.S. I know about the fresno ride, which is a little south of us, but I am interested in starting another ride.

Nor-cal ride

Hi contact me, we are planning an informal ride in Davis, would have gone this Sunday, but too many of us were sick.

Mike

Hi Whizz Kid
I would enjoy getting together for a ride when my Whizzer is finished, soon I am hoping. I have got together whith about 15 to 20 other whizzer riders in San Jose, we rode to Morgan hill and back. I have done that ride two times and shorter rides a few other time. I live in Mt. View and love to talk shop about whizzers.
Brent

It's a small world

Brent,

I probably fall into that 15-20 people you are talking about. You know my future father in-law, Chuck. I have personally talked to you, which is how I found out about this forum.

I was hoping there might be some other new whizz heads out there, but we still have time to spread the word.

Mike, I also spoke to you at the Fresno ride. Your bikes are fun to look at, love the old world look, they also verge on the SteamPunk stuff that has been sweeping the web as of late.

Wow w31john, that is cool, and insane in the same breath. I can't imagine turning into a corner on my whizzer that much. That would be fun to checkout, but I think actually making a round on the track with my whizzer, would kill me.

Thanks for the heads up!

P.S. Is there a board track event, or straight away drag event, or is it all rally style racing?

a small world is right!

Hi Wizz kid
Great place to connect up, how did the new carb work out with respect to getting your Whizzer running better? Tell Chuck that a bit of TIG Welding and paint and I will be ready for a ride some where.
Take Care
Brent Merkley

Hi Guys, Will be running Whizzer & Cushman "Dirt Drags" in Dawson Springs, KY on the 24th of May. Have my Sportsman turning 8420 RPMs using a new SE motor, almost 2000 RPMs more than last year. Event starts Thursday 22nd , and ends Saturday 24th.

Have fun,
Quenton

HI Revs

Howdy
Sounds alot like the 1969 Boss 302 mustang I owned 20 + years ago. It reved to 8500 rpm , not bad for a V-8.
I would bet your Hi reving Whizzer is a short stroke or square bore-stroke motor. Sounds like A new speed record!
Wear lots of leather with this one, be safe!
Brent

Back