nos kit for gas bike?

jatgm1

Local time
9:58 PM
i found this kit on ebay,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152132206389
it is essentially an 8 or 16 gram NOS charger that you can add to the intake through the air filter, would this be beneficial for a grubee skyhawk engine or could it cause problems, what problems can it cause and how would you account for them for the minimal possibility of problems. also, is there a way to use a 6v solenoid to activate it and use the white wire to power the solenoid? thanks!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It increases the oxygen level which helps the fuel burn faster but it also changes the gas/oxygen ratio to make it run leaner which can cause it to seize if used long enough when the engine is at max operating temp

doesnt it also cool it? and would that mean that i should make it run slightly rich if i am to use nos? and add more oil to the gas to help with lubrication? also, i use ester based oil, would this play any part in the effect it has?

would running with the choke while using nos be helpful? or would it just bog out?

better to click on my signature link and make the needed mods to make your engine stronger without making it a frankenstein monster.

Nitrous would destroy a Chinese engine really fast. I am a drag racer, and I have seen several ricers destroy their otherwise stock Japanese engines by using a nitrous kit. While those who run American engines seem less likely to use nitrous, it will destroy those as well. So will a turbocharger or supercharger kit. An engine has to be built from the ground up with much stronger parts in order to survive use with nitrous or any kind of forced induction.

I've done experiments with nos on these bikes and it's not really worth the time or money. dry shots will blow a hole in the piston and with wet by the time you're making power that you can't make with an expansion chamber you start needing a bigger container than you can get whippets in. plus there's no off the shelf wet nos systems for an ht so you've got to do a lot of experimenting to avoid blowing the thing up.

Back