not a newbie ,# 300 founding member !

wavygravy

Local time
2:42 AM
wow its been a long time due to extreme life changes etc ! so good to see you all still rolling along !
it was back in the early days of the forum & the early chinese gas engine development & experiment days ! we developed ocean park wa. motoredbike testing facilitys where we did documented reviews of engine kits that the manufacturers would ship us with pics as problems would develop , this led to a lot of changes early on as we were the ones that termed the little china 2 strokes as happy time engine kits!
to be be honest they actual term among ourselfs was - crappy time - because we spent most of our time running the crap out of them for endurance testing the rest of the time was tear downs for reports on those bronze babbit bearing engines & various accouterment issues , its so good to see things come so far espercially with the ebikes , we held the very first motoredbike rally here in ocean park wa & ill look that up & post most more if that stuff is still here. whos the admin now ? any old timers around !

wow there's some people that been around this long! omg. yeah I bet stuff has changed,, umm, you mean that the China Girls were worse back then??! hahaha.
for the record Im old but not by forum. and I see the HT engine (we call em CG it's more common now) is barely acceptable, stock, so I'm in for 4 strokers now but will keep my 48cc bike going bcs it was the 1st one I had

I don't understand why some people are dedicated to the CG they are annoying as hell. Harbor fright torque wrenches are pretty bad too like the adjustment knob on the bottom wobbles back and forth when you turn it. Almost like a 6 year old did it on a manual lathe cutting the threads. Fed up with anything Chinese really. The metal is not hardened either. Manual clutch on a single speed engine is not very useful either and centrifugal clutches are much more sturdy and don't wear out fast. At this point I want to give the 2 CG's away even though one has a cast iron sleeve and a mikuni even with the new jets I put in it I know I will get upset at it.

I don't understand why some people are dedicated to the CG they are annoying as hell. Harbor fright torque wrenches are pretty bad too like the adjustment knob on the bottom wobbles back and forth when you turn it. Almost like a 6 year old did it on a manual lathe cutting the threads. Fed up with anything Chinese really. The metal is not hardened either. Manual clutch on a single speed engine is not very useful either and centrifugal clutches are much more sturdy and don't wear out fast. At this point I want to give the 2 CG's away even though one has a cast iron sleeve and a mikuni even with the new jets I put in it I know I will get upset at it.
You can send that s**t to me anytime!LOL

wow its been a long time due to extreme life changes etc ! so good to see you all still rolling along !
it was back in the early days of the forum & the early chinese gas engine development & experiment days ! we developed ocean park wa. motoredbike testing facilitys where we did documented reviews of engine kits that the manufacturers would ship us with pics as problems would develop , this led to a lot of changes early on as we were the ones that termed the little china 2 strokes as happy time engine kits!
to be be honest they actual term among ourselfs was - crappy time - because we spent most of our time running the crap out of them for endurance testing the rest of the time was tear downs for reports on those bronze babbit bearing engines & various accouterment issues , its so good to see things come so far espercially with the ebikes , we held the very first motoredbike rally here in ocean park wa & ill look that up & post most more if that stuff is still here. whos the admin now ? any old timers around !
The worst 66cc crappy time engines are still widely available. They're all I could find in Europe so I'm working with those now. Only done one so far and it's decent enough to be fun and very useful. :D
The old threads are still totally relevant and well worth reading for anyone who bought a "crappy time" off dweeb bay or amazone, or anyone who lives in outside North America and had no choice.

Reading the progression in the stock design and in popular modifications to the various stock engines over the last eleven years gives a better understanding of how to get at least a ~2015-like performance from the :poop: 2009 design engine kits. :)

(I still want a Zeda 80 to mod)

we held the very first motoredbike rally here in ocean park wa & ill look that up & post most more if that stuff is still here. whos the admin now ? any old timers around !
Srill here since July 2008.
Augie banned me several times. lol
You must know he has his own very small forum.
Tom sold the forum to an Aussie named Anton who is running the forum much better than Tom or Augie.

You banned, never! Lol
Got banned for really petty stuff by a couple of power trippers. lolz
Jun 17, 2009
Dear Forbisher, aka MotorBicycleRacing

You have received an infraction at MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum.

Reason: Pestering Admin
-------
LIFETIME BAN: You are not welcome here anymore.
-------

This infraction is worth 500 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

Jun 10, 2009
Dear Forbisher,

Reason: Vendor promotion in wrong forum
-------
Vendor bashing.... promoting in wrong forum
-------

This infraction is worth 20 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

JoinedFeb 28, 2012Messages688
May 24, 2009
Dear Forbisher,

Reason: Disrespected another member
-------
Please don't make a mockery of the forum rules. Clearly nipples is acceptable to use when discussing a mechanical system.

You need to accept the rules as everyone else has, or you will be removed from the forum.
-------

This infraction is worth 14 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

Back