Not all that new. My second Attempt at both; the build, and the forum.

So the first time I bought one of these engine kits. I got it from Boy Go Fast on ebay. Terrible idea, it was literally trash, the fuel line and the chain were about the only things I could use off it. I no longer have that bicycle or engine kit. I'm still mad though, if anyone knows where boy go fast lives.... lol I did however, get the opportunity to diagnose almost every problem the engine could have. That should help me get this second project together.

Anyway, I have a "Grubee GT5 80/66cc Silver SkyHawk Bicycle Engine Kit " on the way from PistonBikes.com. I want to put it on this 29" Genesis cruiser they have at wal-mart (.com too) .

The only problems is the bike is a single speed with coaster breaks. I was thinking I could use this 26" mountain bike someone gave me for free to help me out with that. Does anyone know if its even possible to convert a 29" cruiser into a multi-speed bike using a 26" Mt. bike for the parts?

Questions, comments, hints, criticism all welcome! Oh and I know some of these parts aren't gonna last, but its what i got to work with right now.

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 431
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 371
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 352
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 339
  • photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    339.4 KB · Views: 350
Welcome to the forum. I lived in Quantico, VA for a while. I like the green cable housing.

Welcome (back)to the forum. The questions you asked are well above my knowledge of bicycles but good luck, and I'll be following along to see what the experts say too.

I wish I could ride this thing back up to northern VA from southern NC. That would be awesome! My drivers license is suspended in VA though and you cant ride these there w/ a suspended license.

It seems like people who live in a state that does not require registration or license of any type, can ride through states with laws saying you DO need a special license or permit for motorized bikes or mopeds though.

Soooo if I live in a state (NC) that says you can ride a moped regardless of your drivers license status, in a state where residents can not, am I breaking the law? I'm a resident of NC but VA is the state that took my license, AND the one I'll be in riding this thing. lol I need a lawyer for my bicycle!

Ok so it's done... Ish. Now sine I'm technically new and introducing the bike as well as myself. Where should I ask questions about my problems... Like the 20mph max speed on my 66cc? Lol why? I'll post all my problems probably after I find out why they happen.

Anyway it's still way fun and if it holds up6 months and I can get an extra 5-10 mph out of it, it'll be well worth the $230 and be free bike. :) pics;

Why can I not post pics from the iPod? ...pics later

Back