Not Changing Your car oil

INTP_ty

I’m on a bet with my coworker that my Honda will last 30k no oil change. 02 beater

At 21k. Still runs

Will'smotobikes19

My car would burn all the oil before that long. Idk if its pcv valve or piston rings but when I put some 10w40 in it slowed the burning somehow.

The_Aleman

Yeah, it'll most likely last, especially if you drive easy. My step-dad once went 85K without changing his oil on his '85 Ford LTD.
He had a 90K service done and that was the last oil change. The engine seized up one day in 1992 at 175K miles.
It had run out of oil. He was a really slow driver, anyway.

When I cage, I drive an old BMW with the M20 straight 6. Like a lot of older German engines, they burned oil from the factory and preferred thicker oil like 20W50 even new. I run 5W50 synthetic and change it every 10K miles. The car has almost 300K on it and burns 75% less oil now than the manual says is "normal" LOL. If I put regular 10W40 in it, it'll burn a quart every 1K miles tho, that's "normal".

Frogslayer

I used to check oil level every 2 times i filled up, on the 350 Chevies 1 quart per thousand miles is considered normal! Now my vehicles tell me when the oil is low so i don't check them as religiously.

The_Aleman

Back in high school I drove a '69 VW Bug with a 1500 single-port, they only hold about 2½ quarts of oil and will leak it out the valve cover gaskets (which are only held in by a clip) under hard cornering if they aren't gütentite LOL

I checked the oil before every drive in that thing!