Engine Trouble Not igniting every 2 stroke / brake problems

brake pads become less pliant with age, so it's good to replace @ 2-3 years regardless of wear. rubber can dry rot and pads are cheap,,
how fast can your mb go?

Well, not sure what you mean. With the engine +mods I measured with an A5 GPS speedometer, about 55km/h was top. I'm a big guy tho.

44tooth sprocket

This is why I need brakes! I have realigned the wheel, aligned the brake pads, cleaned the rim + brake pads with paint thinner, and it brakes way better now. I think I will still replace pads if I can, I will even get bigger pads.

I heard disc brakes are a pain in the ass, is this true?

Stock pads on most bikes are terrible and don't last long. Eagle Claw 2 pads can lock up a 2" wide tire at 30-35mph when properly adjusted and are more than enough for those speeds(and last much much longer). Over that ~35mph mark is where I would start looking at disc brakes, especially if your setup is heavy. Things like upgraded hubs and thicker spokes are not a bad idea at that point either...it gets expensive very quickly to go fast safely.

If I am reading this right, you are riding a bike with 2-3 broken spokes AND only a single brake??? You really need to take the advice above and first get that bike safe before doing anything else. We're not talking something cosmetic that can be put off for a while, spoke damage is a HUGE deal and should be repaired before even thinking about riding. Same with the single brake, that doesn't cut it at even 20mph let alone 30+.

Eagle Claw brake pads are decent, even most OEM issue pads from Shimano, Suntour and, DiaCompe are better than the cheap ones from China.

VikingMike01. Please stop riding this deathtrap. this is all the more I have to say about this.

Well I'll try to get it fixed as soon as possible. I have found a different bike shop that is willing to work with this. I'll order a CNC sprocket mount, and get the spokes fixed as soon as possible.

Also about the top speed- I never go top speed. I go slow mostly. And because I know my bike is not too safe right now.

The max speed I go is 20km/h atm.

maybe it takes a while to put the money in to it, building it like you want it and you'll be proud.. fall/winter is a good time to just put them up and get some parts. just know that if you have mechanical problems while riding, they can compound together if any part has issues. imperfect road, speed and unexpected thing could cause you to steer violently brake and lean, a chain could pop and lock the wheel etc...
even at best with solid bike and drivetrain built up, things happen. these guys will tell you. and the guys thatve been here in the hobby and been thru everything have stories thatd shrivel your balls, so thats why they may toss up their hands

Okay, thanks for the help guys. What should be the first thing I get fixed? Can someone tell me a priority list, for safety (With my problems? :D)

FIXED: Front brakes
Just called the other bike shop, and they will fix the spokes!!! And they will align the wheels! And the mechanic that lives 2 houses from me (He knows bikes) said he will fix my sprocket too! I'm really happy!
Now is the back brake very important?

THE BIKE PROBLEMS ARE NOW FIXED!

I need the spokes fixed, back wheel trued, stronger front brakes, i was thinking of getting front shocks because of the bad roads, a CNC sprocket adaptor as well

Last edited:
sprocket adapter - great reliability upgrade.
suspension forks - nice for bad roads, but not totally necessary, just more comfy. I dont have installed, but one of my crashes was bcs I didnt have them that time I was forced off the road into rough @23mph and got death wobble

Oh god. I hope you were alright.

Should I get a projected tip B7HS, or a non projected head? For that extra compression (Maybe) or just in general a spark in the middle of the chamber

I installed the stock exhaust. It still has the loud sounds. I think im 4 stroking. If i choke more, i 6-8 stroke (not sure if possible, but sounds like that)

Back