Not running right...

58 Triumph

Local time
6:36 AM
Hi guys, having problems with the running of the motor, seems to be missing kind of, runs mint up a hill or under a bit of load, or to start with, then once up to speed its seems to be going from the sweet sound to a rough sound, I've checked the carb, all good there, plenty of spark, plug is black though, I'm thinking it could be my mix or the oil I'm using, it's been the same from when I got it really, just seems weird that's it's at mid to full speed, but more often it's just like it all the time from go to top speed. .....
Doing my head in....

HELLLLLLLL.LP

Hi guys, having problems with the running of the motor, seems to be missing kind of, runs mint up a hill or under a bit of load, or to start with, then once up to speed its seems to be going from the sweet sound to a rough sound, I've checked the carb, all good there, plenty of spark, plug is black though, I'm thinking it could be my mix or the oil I'm using, it's been the same from when I got it really, just seems weird that's it's at mid to full speed, but more often it's just like it all the time from go to top speed. .....
Doing my head in....

HELLLLLLLL.LP
It's just the jetting take the jet out of carb and try the next size smaller until it's just right!

The c-clip setting effects everything except WOT, Move it to the top groove. You do need to put a leaner (smaller) jet in the carb, they seem to jet these things too rich from the factory. And please, don't do that insane solder and drill thing, a jet is a metered orifice, not just a hole.

First try the c clip moving it up 1 notch at a time. If that don't get you there go with a smaller jet. Are you at a high elevation?

Thanks, Nar I'm at sea level, will try the c clip up a notch and try the float level as well before re-jetting..

Back