Not so Budget build

This is my first post, but my second motorized bike. The first was a Kent mb with a 66cc that i bought completed. It was great, but I gave it away a few years ago before ever doing anything to it.

I've built a 48v/1600watt scooter for running my dogs that I gave to my nephews, and a 48v/1000watt fat tire mb that i still own at another property. my main complaint about electric bikes has always been up-front cost, don't store well, and break-fix cost. It seems if you let the ebike sit for a few months and come back, something is now not working... moisture got to something... your $400 battery is half the ah or totally bricked... something.

So I decided last month to try a cheap yd100 budget build for going 8mi back and forth from the store. Here's my initial plan.
150 for schwinn sidewinder
115 for ebay yd100 kit
53 for 56t+adapter
12 for double brake lever
6 for shorty cnc intake
Plus a few bolts/etc

Total $350. Now the "but".
I ran the bike over backing out to go get the packages. I destroyed the front wheel and fork... so updates costs:
50 for a solid fork with disc brake mount
20 for Craigslist 26" wheel set

we're now at $420 and haven't even got it started yet, but finally... it started.

The shorty cnc intake on this bike puts the carb in a angle that seems to flood the motor, so the carb either leaks wildly or won't start after float adjustments. I'm currently waiting for an offset intake that I'm hoping I can bent enough to get the carb to sit level, and while I wait I ordered an nt carb, air filter and 10mm circle clips.
12 for nt carb
8 for circle clips
7 for offset intake
5 for cone air filter

~$480

Still waiting...

Forgot pics

Attachments

• Resized_20230120_113316.jpeg
    Resized_20230120_113316.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 984
  • Resized_20230120_114548.jpeg
    Resized_20230120_114548.jpeg
    573.9 KB · Views: 406
Sure there is...Everytime you "budge it", It moves or 'budges' your hand into your wallet to lay out more cash...lol...That what a budget really is...lol.
That is definitely a good interpretation of a budget.🤣😂🤣 That's how mine seem to work. My $400 budget build ended up at close to $800 & that's as cheap as I would go on a build.

Some folks don't know that Harbor Freights hand* tools carry a "LIFETIME" in-store exchange warranty.

Plus... lets be honest... there is a sort of "Zen" using cheap Chinesium tools to work on our cheap Chinesium motors...

sg15SHU.png

* - added after it was pointed out below

So I'm going to assume you bought a used Schwinn Sidewinder??? What you're going to quickly discover is, these bikes are like having a young girlfriend. You'll always be spending money on them in order to ride them.

I quit counting after a $1000
Here's the best song to describe our bikes. You're that bike's Sugar Daddy and this is it's mentality.

Just be careful and hope you don't get one of these lol

I believe that is only for hand tools. Every powered tool I have ever bought from them is only warranted for 90 days unless you pay extra for the extended warranty.
I stand corrected. Honestly... I've never bought a Harbor Freight "power tool"... there are limits.

:D

Exact verbiage of the warranty:

WARRANTY INFORMATION​

Hand Tool Lifetime Warranty​

We guarantee our Hand Tools to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product. Limitations apply. Harbor Freight Tools will replace any hand tool that fails to properly work during the lifetime of the original purchaser. In the event an identical item is not available as a replacement: Harbor Freight Tools reserves the right to substitute a substantially similar item in its place. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.

Back