Engine Trouble Not Starting after ride

Vtec gas bike

Local time
9:43 AM
Hello, i need some help with my bike. I recently cleaned my carb after it giving many problems and ride it too get new break pads a week and a half ago. I rode it up a steep hill going at a moderate speed and then i arrived to my house. I had stopped to intall new break pads which only took 15 mineutes and noticed i had nudged the fuel nipple on my stock speed carb after that its been leaking fuel slightly and will not start. now i replaced the carb and it still does not start and it drips a bit of fuel from the exhaust when i try. i tighten the head bolts, removed the spark plug and it doesn't look any different, unplugged my kill switch wires, and still no start.
Anything helps thanks.

Update: I tried another spark plug and i am still getting no spark what should i replace first magneto or cdi?

Last edited:
try leaving the plug out for an hour or so if you think it's flooded. it'd smell really gassy. then, try starting with the air filter off. is the engine well-broken in or pretty new still?

try leaving the plug out for an hour or so if you think it's flooded. it'd smell really gassy. then, try starting with the air filter off. is the engine well-broken in or pretty new still?
i have been using this engine since October first and it dosent smell very gassy i took the spark plug out and held it too the head too see if it had spark it didnt show anything but i had done the same a few months ago and it didnt show anything but the engine still ran

Your carb sounds like it's got a badly trimmed float, check for crap in the float bowl and pull the float and float tang/needle and check for junk in the float seat. Don't run the 15:1 oil mix you can use 35:1 or even less oil with decent synthetic oil. Check your plug for black sooty or oily electrodes.

Your carb sounds like it's got a badly trimmed float, check for crap in the float bowl and pull the float and float tang/needle and check for junk in the float seat. Don't run the 15:1 oil mix you can use 35:1 or even less oil with decent synthetic oil. Check your plug for black sooty or oily electrodes.
i cleaned my old carb and i have ridden it twice since then but i got a new carb on Tuesday and its clean and working fine. my spark plug looks pretty bad and it only popped a few times today trying to start it again, i have realized i am using gas thats almost 2 months old and has lots of oil in it due to it evaporating over time. I put new gas in with no oil mixing it with the gas thats in the tank and cleared the fuel lines and it still wont start. I am going to get a new spark plug and if it dosent fix my problems idk what too do.

Attachments

• IMG_20190131_203743440.jpg
    IMG_20190131_203743440.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20190131-203651.png
    Screenshot_20190131-203651.png
    711 KB · Views: 157
So you added fresh, non premix gas to 'thin' the bad gas?

So you really have no idea what your premix ratio is now.

I'd dump the entire tank and start with fresh gallon container of non-ethanol with 4 oz of Lucas Synthetic thoroughly mixed in. That way you know that your gas is fresh and the oil mix is correct.

Get yourself a 1.2 gallon size gas container to mix your premix in, don't be mixing the gas in the bike's fuel tank! That's asking for the oil to sink to the bottom of the tank and mix poorly with the fuel added, especially if it's really cold outside.

So you added fresh, non premix gas to 'thin' the bad gas?

So you really have no idea what your premix ratio is now.

I'd dump the entire tank and start with fresh gallon container of non-ethanol with 4 oz of Lucas Synthetic thoroughly mixed in. That way you know that your gas is fresh and the oil mix is correct.

Get yourself a 1.2 gallon size gas container to mix your premix in, don't be mixing the gas in the bike's fuel tank! That's asking for the oil to sink to the bottom of the tank and mix poorly with the fuel added, especially if it's really cold outside.
Yeah i will do that i have been using lucas semi synthetic. Thanks.

Did you take out the plug and make sure that you have consistent spark?
it had no spark when i took it out and yes i did have it on the head of the engine when testing it, but when i first built the bike it also didnt shiw spark but worked when it was inside the engine

Back