Carby Not sure how to fix the carb

Neileo96

Local time
11:05 AM
I mounted my engine and everything fine and when I first added gas I to the tank and opened the fuel valve it started leaking out of the air filter, so I read up and the float was letting gas fill up the carb and it had to come out somewhere so now either gas leak out of the carb or air filter or no gas gets into the engine at all not. sure how to fix the carb, any help would be appreciated

When I take the float bowl off and keep the gas on I can push the float level forward or no gas comes out and when I let go gas comes out, that's how it is supposed to work right? But once I put the bowl back on either to much gas is allowed out and fills up the bowl and starts coming out the air filter or I raise the float lever a tiny bit to stop the leak and no gas is pumped into the engine

Attachments

• 14459566118586092002.jpg
    14459566118586092002.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 14459566543891625065754.jpg
    14459566543891625065754.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 174
make sure float needle & seat are clean, tickler button isn't stuck down, casting of carb & bowl have no bits of excess metal that could make float stick

I wouldn't care one bit about gas coming out the air intake. I get rid of the filter altogether to provide for maximum airflow. Even with perfect functioning, some gas si gonna kick out the intake.

A common problem with 2 strokes is that the float bowl will spill over and fuel will leak out thru the gasket. Drip. Drip. Drip. Usually caused by the float valve not shutting down the fuel flow. It's very good to fix this, but some carbs are just imperfect. If your engine runs well regardless, carry on as this is not a fatal flaw. Make sure to shut off that fuel valve once the engine if off, though!

I put the float at 21 'll and it still has a leaking issue out the air filter, but when I went down a hip the motor did kick over and start to run but only for about 10 seconds then it shut off and then I would keep peddling down a hill and it would kick over for about another ten seconds of throttle, so pretty much I need to be going at a higher speed than normal for it to start and it didn't stay on, my thought it still to much gas is being pumped in

Or there isn't enough fuel being pumped in because when I would twist the throttle it would rev up but then cut out

I order a new one a couple days ago so should I double check the measure and make sure it's at 21mm then instal it or just throw it on how it is you think?

too bad you ordered the same ole crap and didn't get a good carb like a Mikuni or Dellorto

Back