Fuel Mixture Not sure if running too lean, or too rich, or perfect?

What height are you above ocean level. And hows the weather there.
One day its 70 and cool here, next day its 90 with 90% humidity and the air is crazy thick.
So its reall hard to tell with all this climate change.
Texas man.

I'm at about 800' ASL, the temps here have been from the 70s to the high 80s. It wasn't as humid as it has been here the last couple weeks.

Soooo, can any of you tell me if the picture of the 1st Spark plug is too rich or too fowled? Is some black ok as long as the tip is that brownish sheen? or am i aiming for a brownish tint on the ceramic surrounding the contact?

I'm at about 800' ASL, the temps here have been from the 70s to the high 80s. It wasn't as humid as it has been here the last couple weeks.

Id imagine thats not too much different from us. We are At about 500 - 800 above as well. Lots of Hills. Big hills.

I can ride a giant hill from the top left corner of san antonio, all the way to the bottom left. Its about an hour ride @ 15 mph. But its just a big long hilly ride downhill 95% of the way. Fun stuff.

Soooo, can any of you tell me if the picture of the 1st Spark plug is too rich or too fowled? Is some black ok as long as the tip is that brownish sheen? or am i aiming for a brownish tint on the ceramic surrounding the contact?

Mine looked pretty much the same til I went from a #7 to a #6. Even with the plug looking better, it has no effect on the mixture of course.
It looks a little rich, and with our 32/1 mix, black goo will build up on a too cold plug. The piston crown will show the same deposits.
Leaned out some, little hotter plug and the black goo recedes.

I went through basic training there, man that place gets hot.
The hill sounds fun, til you have to go the other way. ;)

I went through basic training there, man that place gets hot.
The hill sounds fun, til you have to go the other way. ;)

Yep, you get used to it though. 90% of the year for 4-5 years in a row its 90+ degrees all day every day. Plus humidity. And no rain for ever. Then one year out of like 10, like this one, we will get rain for 7 months out of the year almost every week, and it will feel great, and I would ride, but rather not, on slick roads.

Here it rains a little, gets slick, stops, drys out, gets oily, rains a little, gets slick ect ect in a vicious cycle

Back