Not wanting to start

Ozzyrules420

Local time
10:08 PM
Ok my 142f engine doesnt like starting anymore and when it does and I finally get it going down the road wants to die when I let go of the gas

Fiund out the magneto went out on me I was wondering why it was taking a good 5 to 8 pulls to start it

Do you have spark or not? 8 pulls and it starts? That means you have spark to me. Do you have any starting fluid? If so when you squirt a lil into the carb intake does it start right away? If yes it's a fuel issue. You might try cleaning out the idle jet located under the black plastic idle rpm adjustment screw. That can cause a lot of trouble with fuel delivery. You might try adjusting the electrical pickup adjacent to the flywheel. There's some play in it. Put a sheet of paper in between the pickup and the flywheel. While holding the pickup putting slight pressure on it against the paper/flywheel tighten up the pickup bolts. That might give you a stronger spark if needed, pull the paper out when done.

That was 8 pulls before it completely stopped starting it's not got a spark no more I pulled the plug and laid it on top of the engine and tried I didnt c or hear a spark from it

Back