Not what I expected......

• Thread starter RadioActiveCareBear
  • Start date
R

RadioActiveCareBear

My father and I are new to this sub-culture...He took the first plunge and bought a cheap e-bay motor and thru it into a old cheap mountain bike frame put some gas into it and away he went running about 27mph out of the box...
So I took the plunge....got me a 26" cruiser....read and read and read tons of post then bought a DAX High Performance 65cc kit bolted it in added some fuel and away I went...My problem is that I can't go more then 20mph up,down or on level ground...I've tried everything I've read exhaust mod, needle setting, drill the main jet...I'm only 165pds compared to my dads 195pds...I'm running a 44 tooth sprocket....same as my dad's...just can't figure it out....But I can say that the motor I bought hasn't lived up to it's billing that's for sure...I'm just lost and frustrated now..:confused:

Remain calm. I'm sure help will arrive shortly. Dax seems to be a stand-up guy. He has a reputation for taking care of his customerrs, and there are a lot of them around here. I'm sure someone will help you get this straightened out. It's probably something simple. The reviews on that 65 are good.

i sure hope you didn't drill that jet...

check these things: full throttle-cable travel, gaskets (all of 'em), all wiring, plug gap (.025), 20:1 premix...and just in case what you're really doing is just spinning in place, check clutch adjustment.

AND: i'm moving this into the proper area...pay more attention to forum-captions: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7573

I did drill the main jet but it came out of an extra carb my father had bought from Kings Motor Bikes....Since I didn't notice any performance difference I re-installed my original carb back on the bike...I doubled checked the throttle cable to make sure it is pulling the slide all the way up, and it is...and before I assembled it I trimmed the intake and exhaust gaskets to match...I'm running a .028 gap, and my mixture is 20:1 (synthetic)...I don't think I'm spinning in place...I run next to my father up, down or level ground and I just pull away from him untill I hit 20mph...Then here he comes and there he goes....

And as for your other comment: I'm sorry if this is missplaced I was under the impression I posted it into the "FRAME MOUNTED ENGINES & DRIVE TRAIN FORUM"...Again I'm sorry I'll try to pay more attention next time...

Just a question... How do the outside dimensions of the rear tires on the bikes compare? Oops, a couple more thoughts... Tire pressure, and is it possible to switch engines while your dad is sleeping...:rolleyes:

He's running a 26x1.95 and I'm running a 26x1.90, as for the little "MIDNIGHT AUTO" he is going to the dunes next weekend....

Back