'nother desert rat

Welcome to MBc. The AZ group is growing

I can't wait for a ride. But lets wait till the temp drops below tire melting stages. Might be time for a northern AZ mountain ride.

drimpact said:
But lets wait till the temp drops below tire melting stages. Might be time for a northern AZ mountain ride.

Just got back from visiting an old friend in Prescott. Not too bad up in the mountains, but I don't see how you do it in the lower desert. My AC could barely handle the heat. And that was at 5-7pm. Damn.

Northern AZ is right. Just adjust your carburetors.

agreed...at 110 it feels like the hairs on your arms are being singed :LOL: ,
but I like to get a little ride in, most days 8)

Question answered and a sneek peek

I see you have a mx 5. How do you like it?

Well, it's currently sitting in a box in my kitchen, the motor mount broke when I tried to put it on a different bike (any offers?). It worked pretty well, but was never reliable enough to go to work or anything. Usually had to put a squirt of primer into the spark hole as the carb was very prone to flooding. Also, I wasn't too happy to change the tire every 400-500 miles, and the rubber that got scrubbed off made quite a mess of everything. I don't have any place outside to park it and didn't really like that "2-stroke" smell in the house, even though I ran the carb dry before bringing it in (even drained the bowl).

The trike on my Flickr site has electric motors (those silver cylinders flanking the front wheel). Still have this setup, just waiting for batteries to get light and cheap :???: Got it off ebay, it was called the "Sunward Bike Booster" and was meant to go on the back wheel (of a two-wheeler).

So, here's a low-res pic of the terrible tandem. Still working on chainline issues.

2539_tandem_with_motor2_1.jpg

Wow! I recognize the torque-a-verter, but what size engine is that? That things gotta be 5hp or more! :D

Unless you've got a 50tooth or over sprocket your tandem may be capable of highway speeds...

That is a great idea. Sure fixes the problem of where to put the motor.

Looks like a drag bike and I bet with that donk you smoke it up on the line :D

This has got me thinking about doing one myself so I'll be looking out for a tendem now that previously I would not have thought about :eek:

yep 'ers

Unless you've got a 50tooth or over sprocket your tandem may be capable of highway speeds...
Yeah, I plan to be going at least 15-20 before I even bring the motor online. I really want to keep the left hand freewheel, though (Staton wheel), anyone ever try to weld a big sprocket onto a freewheel??
what size engine is that? That things gotta be 5hp or more!
The engine was made by Lifan (BIG Chinese motor manufacturer), claims to be 163 cc and 5.5 HP, but the 6.5 HP version looks exactly the same! Wanna bet there's a restrictor plate in the carb as the only difference?!