nother new guy

Welcome, just for kicks. You'll have a ton of fun with your engine once it arrives and you get it mounted. You may as well just order another one now, cause from the way you describe your wife, I think she'll like it too. And frankly, I think bikes are a bunch safer than quads anyways. Don't get me wrong......quads definately have their place and can be immensely handy for work....and probably great fun in the dunes, but for the type of riding we have around my neck of the woods, I'll take two wheels over four anyday.

lotsa_mpg I know she'll want one after I get mine going, we both already have chinese 200cc dualsport bikes so riding on the street is always there for us but a bicycle is just different.

A motoredbike just fits into a different catagory altogether as far as I'm concerned.The motoredbikes look way WAY cooler than a moped to me at my ageIMO.I just never had fun riding a moped as an adult and when I was a kid they were to expensive.

I will be going over the intsallation instructions several times before/during the install plus reading the tips on this site.

I must confess that I have thought about how to go about linking two engines together but that is a far far off idea but fun to think about.Even if it could be done what bike could handle it?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I think that a small dc motor-gererator used with a small gas motor might be workable. I'm sure its been done before. keep the battery small to keep the weight down and maybe a seperate throttle. I really dont dont know, I'm just winging it. just use the dc motor for an easy smooth take off and for monster hills and let the gas motor charge the battery the rest of the time. or would the dc motor drag the gas motor down too much? just throwing ideas around.

I might be buying a tandem bike this week, an old columbia that will no doubt need work but may just be perfect for the next project for me.

Back