nother new guy

J

just for kicks

well not much to tell about me just a middle aged man looking to get a motorized bike going for kicks and if the wife doesnt kill me when she finds out I bought a kit maybe get her one to.

I also like to go offroading but dont get to go anywhere near as much as I'd like.I have a 300ex project that I hope to get going this summer, I needed a quad since I bought the wife a new 06 raptor 350 this spring.We have some enduro's but she cant handle the sand.

I live and work in the southeast michigan area for a small city.

I have wanted a motorized bike for some time and while I could have a moped or scooter (like my brother) I just think a grown man riding a moped/scooter looks a bit silly but these bikes can be so cool/custom.

I dont know how far I'll take this motorized bike project but it really seems like endless possibilities.

Thank you, glad to be here.

I got a kit coming from DACS, it should be here by about the end of summer as far as I can tell- :D gives me lots of time to read up.

I dont think there are to many NEW topics/problems left to discuss here.Looks like there is a wealth of knowledge from what little I have read thru so far.

Looks like a good, friendly site.

hi

welcome to MBc...end of summer? it just started 3 days ago....dax is that far out on orders? wow...glad mine only took 2 weeks or so. i thought that was a chomping at the bit...

good luck on all your endeavors...and happy motoring! :D

I dont know how he does his shipping but the 10 business days until shipped may put it in my hands around 7-9-07.

Maybe I did the math wrong lets see.
Purchased 6-16-07 (saturday)
Wait time is 10 business days before item ships.(Hmmm)
The 11th business day would be on a monday 7-2-07
Ahh but it's holiday week so I'm expecting it on 7-9-07(maybe sooner but I,m not holding my breath)

No big deal since I had read the shipping bit before purchase but YEAH I'd like to get my hands on it-:D.
Just gives me more time to read and everytime I visit this site I find more little bits of vital info that will help me with this.
I'll survive until it gets here, we have enough toys to play on to hold me over. :D

I told my wife about my purchase today as we were headed up north to run her new raptor for the first time she didnt say much but I think I'll be buying her one after she rides mine. :D

just for kicks said:
I told my wife about my purchase today as we were headed up north to run her new raptor for the first time she didnt say much but I think I'll be buying her one after she rides mine. :D

wish I could get my wife on a motorized bike or quad but thats not going to happen. heck she rides the brakes on her peddle bike going down even mild hills.

I love going riding with her but I worry about her getting hurt even though she is not to crazy out there.
She couldnt ride her dual-sport in the sand so I told her I'd buy her some training wheels :D but she didnt like that idea so she got the raptor.

She had me worried out riding once saturday, she didnt make it up this sand hill and she put it in reverse and stated backing it down.I worried because I dont think she had thought about the engine braking effect and the possibility of it flipping over on her.

I think I'll have her on her own motoredbike by the end of summer.

ya they can be dangerous. I work with a guy that flipped one over and caught the handle bars across his mid section. he missed about a week of work and I think he got off easy.

Back