nothin special

What about the bars makes it dangerous?

Well I'm 6'1" riding a 24" bike, when I make turns I have to remember to swing my knees out to avoid being hit by the bars. At low speed I've crashed because of my knee getting trapped by the bars and not being able to put my foot down... I was thinking about putting some shorter, more cafe style bars to avoid the problem, but I like the look and may just lay the seat back over the rear wheel more, and maybe install some pegs on the rear axle to put my feet on.

Good point.

I ask because I have down-turned bars, but mine go straight across and down- not back. I made mine from plumbing pipe. I like mine and find them comfortable and safe. I am 6'3" and over 220#. However, my bike is a 26", my seat is very low and I have a short crank.

I made mine from plumbing pipe.
what type of pipe did you use, threaded gas line? Sounds like what I need to do, I was thinking of using emt but I think it's too flimsy, maybe some rigid would work. You got any pictures of your bar set-up?

Dont paint that thing, It looks great!!
Wonder how many MBers we have in Sonoma County? hmmm, mabey a mb meet sometime.

Looking Good

A

what type of pipe did you use, threaded gas line? Sounds like what I need to do, I was thinking of using emt but I think it's too flimsy, maybe some rigid would work. You got any pictures of your bar set-up?

Right- 1/2" nominal black pipe is almost 7/8" in outside diameter. Use that conduit to braze or weld in the middle so it is thicker- 1" in diameter, for the clamp. That's what I did.

Back