Now accepting Bike Of The Month, April entries

Tom

Local time
3:23 PM
Please send your entry to http://motoredbikes.com/misc/contact

ONE entry per member.

Please include ONE photo you would like to enter and your MotoredBikes.com UserName. Must be your bike.

Entries that do not have both of those will be rejected. Entries that provide more than one photo and do not specify which one to use will be rejected.

This is open to all forms of bikes - with engines of course - gas or electric - rack mounted or frame mounted - custom or stock, etc...

I will be accepting entries no later than Friday, April 13th.

Voting will last through April.

Winner gets their picture up on the top of every page.

Thanks.

i shall put mine in i just need a few more days and a camera and ill have it. :)

Up to 5 entries...

C'mon everyone! I have seen y'all post some pretty sweet pics of your bikes and most of you are not entering! Why???

PS. Any contenders from last time are still welcome to enter this time around.

ok...i know what the problem is, we've tried to cover this before...i deleted my rant, and i'll try again.

the BOM contest has to be more representative of the whole community, especially considering that it will be on top of every page of the site.

for instance, i wasn't aware, and i suspect noone else was either, that the owner of the current BOM (victor duece) has never posted one article on MBc. he came along to "win" a contest, never interested in becoming part of the community. what a fargin' total jerk...how does this situation represent who we are?

look, it comes down to how sociable we want BOM to be. obviously, the current setup isn't cutting it. i think the solution is also obvious. any one owner/builder can be on the banner only once in a year. i consider this suggestion to be the most sociable one. after all, it should be a safe assumption that any MBc member who's already won would want everyone else to have a chance, too.

now, if you really want to level the field a bit more, we could make the measurements of the banner image a requirement, and peeps could crop their own custom shots for submission. almost everyone can come up with at least one creative shot of their bike.

usernames should be posted with the entries, profile and personality would make this a friendlier process. the level of the quality versus the resouces available would definitely become a factor in voting.

MBc is quickly heading towards "club-ship" and we should start practicing more camraderie in our activities. BOM as it stands right now isn't very friendly to the large majority of our members. 179 members and 5 entries speaks for itself.

Tom said:
Up to 3!

Mine won't stand a chance, so we are technically at 2 contestants...
i'm pretty sure most people feel the same way...so why bother, eh?

cool...thanks, tom :)

stay tuned for the 2008 MotoredBikes.com Bike of the Month Calendar ;)

Back