Now I'm really worried HELP! 1/7/7 UPDATE!

Oh no don't get me wrong - you guys have been SO helpful whenever I've had a problem I have 5 possible helpful solutions the same day I pose the question. I'm just getting frustrated because I have tried so many things and I'm still taking the bus every day.

i didn't take ya wrong, buddy...i feel for ya, & i'm frustrated that we've come up short on this one :?

i was trying to find a way to slow ourselves down a bit and attack this logically.

i'd be interested in trying the step-by-step if you'd like, just give a full report on the first "test" & we'll go from there 8)

got a reply from dennis that it's most likely just the clutch slipping and I need to go back and adjust the clutch properly - (I probably did it wrong i'm sure) and make sure the clutch pads aren't saturated with oil...

well, i'd be looking for wear, too, i know you have a lot of hills to climb. don't let it wear all the way down... 8)

sry for the slow reply, we had no power for 2 days, bummer :(

It just seems like it's too soon fo my clutch to be worn down already - I haven't even gone 100 miles... I bet the pads are greasy or something - I hope I can figure out how to get the clutch apart and back together again - I"ll start by readjusting the clutch again though.

Sorry to hear about your power - that was national news...

i agree it's too soon, i'm concerned about metal-to-metal wear, try to have a look if you feel confident enough to disassemble the clutch...

fedex delivered my replacement engine about 2 hours after power was restored!! hehe, "what power-outage?"

ok I am totally lost now

I took the clutch plate off and the pads underneath were black - is this normal? where do I go from here?

Augie rember what I said about his pic of the bike and the clutch wire maybe he just needs to tighten the wire more I know it is a pain and usualy when you think you have it you have got to pull a little harder on teh lever.

Cookie

Cookie said:
Augie rember what I said about his pic of the bike and the clutch wire maybe he just needs to tighten the wire more I know it is a pain and usualy when you think you have it you have got to pull a little harder on teh lever.

Cookie

I know what you guys mean by the clutch lever but I've been adjusting it left and right and my fingers are all cut up and there is no change at all in the behaviour.

it sparks and turns over with the plug out but it only slowly turns over and chugs once for all my effort trying to get it going with the plug in...

are you absolutely sure every thing is wired correctly? I believe if you have wires crossed it will still spark....but not at the right time.
just a thought?
Dave

Back