Now we're getting some displacement!And Rob's not LOL !

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a 100cc it's only 79.....and the 80 isnt 80 lol

Im going for 65 with my new 69cc.

It's not a 100cc it's only 79.....and the 80 isnt 80 lol

Im going for 65 with my new 69cc.
Lol I was gonna point out that its only 78.54cc, but you beat me to the punch. It would need a 56mm bore with the 40mm stroke to get 98.52ccs , which could then roughly be called a 100cc.
They should do the right thing and call the 66/69/80 a zeda 70 and this new one the zeda 80.

Damn Chinese can’t measure displacement. Best to do the chainsaw jug mod instead. Robert already has 79cc sleeved motors. I don’t know why anyone still buys from him.

With a spacer, 48mm cylinder and a stroker crank I think you could get 74cc. Sadly the 48mm cylinder was meant for the smaller motors and not the 40mm ones. I have a rough spacer I made. I want to explore using different engines on my next build though so probably won’t build it.

Unfortunately rumor is that it is just an overbored stock jug...so 50mm, but same size and location ports and still the crappy chrome plated cylinders :(. Still better than stock.

With a port job they will be nice, but nowhere near as nice as a proper sleeved or nikasil 50mm motor. Also no word on carb so likely the same tiny NT carb - I wouldn't be surprised if its even the same 69-70 jet too. Case will have to be different to clear the piston skirt if they use a 40mm rod, but no word on the crank or rods used yet.

Basically, dont get your hopes up with China giving us a badass 50mm with larger ports, wider transfers, bigger carb, and a better crank...I am expecting a stock casting chrome jug with same 40mm intake/exh as the triple 40 but with larger bore and a clearanced case using same rotating assembly, intake, and carb. Anything extra would be a bonus!

I would not give anyone a penny until we see an example of one to check out the casting quality, port size, and what the rest of the motor has.

Last edited:
It's quite possible that it's going to be a one peice cylinder and head like the bullet train, the case would't need changed for a forty mm stroke since we can run with 44mm stroke already.A 50mm bore is only opening the case bore 1.5mm plus the thickness of the cylinder skirt so maybe 4.5mm total,port areas doesn't really matter because most of us will enlarge those anyway and the timmings are best suited to a 42mm stroke in all these engines.

So does anyone have an estimated time when will actually start seeing these for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back