NT and SPEED carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman

Local time
1:08 PM
what difference are supposed to be with these two carbs?

I have both and all I can find is .4mm in the slide.

as I recall, old speed was smaller than the new ones - also one of those had a tapered needle with a point, while other had fatter needle with blunt end (assume needle tube was diff too, but didn't check)

what difference are supposed to be with these two carbs?

I have both and all I can find is .4mm in the slide.
The original NT Speed was almost 16mm through the body(inlet/outlet)dia compared to 14.? for the reg NT,Then their is one that just say's speed no NT on it and it really wasn't any diff than the regular NT,slight difference's with emulsion tube and needle but that's about it.The latest have Chinese characture and Speed on them not sure of size anymore as everyone seems to be buying other carbs nowadays when upgradeing,Right now it seems alot of people are using reeds with pretty big carbs on performance builds.

The old ones must of died out?

The ones I have here are the same

Yes there must be a difference in emulsion tubes but
NT needle on the right (longer)
image.jpg

Small diff. in drum slide and intake side. Neither enough for noticeable diff. in performance. Still the name speed was enough to fool a s**t load of prospective buyers. It's whatever the market will bear.

biggest reason I have not ordered any of the NTs in several years is that they almost always need rejetting to work well - I can't put that in a customer's hand and say; "here's your new carb and BTW you'll need to work on it before you use it" - I only use the clones with the chinese chars on the slide tube since they just work out of the box

For me It's just the opposite. With the altitude here I have to re-jet the carb on every bike I build, and find the NT's easier to fine tune having the needle adjustment as well as the jet.

I just read on another thread that the NTTC carb is "crappy". Is that the NT though? I always assumed that mine is an NT carb and I just never heard anyone refer to it as an NTTC before. So is the NTTC actually exactly what people are calling an NT or is it different?

I upgraded the air filter and dropped the needle one notch.
Mine is set up well, I believe, for the break-in stage at sea level, but will require rejetting after. I prefer this because I don't have to rejet right away, just for the break-in stage, then later put it back to how it was.

I just read on another thread that the NTTC carb is "crappy". Is that the NT though? I always assumed that mine is an NT carb and I just never heard anyone refer to it as an NTTC before. So is the NTTC actually exactly what people are calling an NT or is it different?

I upgraded the air filter and dropped the needle one notch.
Mine is set up well, I believe, for the break-in stage at sea level, but will require rejetting after. I prefer this because I don't have to rejet right away, just for the break-in stage, then later put it back to how it was.
Two seperate carb's the markings have changed from the original ones.And yes the ones marked nttc suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back