NT carb mods

Josh_wilcoxx

Local time
1:04 PM
Hey guys, finally broke the China HP carb I was running. Been waiting for that. I'm back on my NT carb now, and even while the bike runs amazing, with great throttle response, it is significantly weaker then with the HP carb. Is there any mods I can do on the NT carb to help get more power out of it?

Hey guys, finally broke the China HP carb I was running. Been waiting for that. I'm back on my NT carb now, and even while the bike runs amazing, with great throttle response, it is significantly weaker then with the HP carb. Is there any mods I can do on the NT carb to help get more power out of it?
Possibly get rid of that stock air filter that comes with the NT and get a direct fit, K&N knockoff airfilter, to replace it as i have done myself...It is direct fit, no adapters etc...Better air flow certainly cannot hurt...lol...DAMIEN

A good pipe will do more than the carb.

Possibly get rid of that stock air filter that comes with the NT and get a direct fit, K&N knockoff airfilter, to replace it as i have done myself...It is direct fit, no adapters etc...Better air flow certainly cannot hurt...lol...DAMIEN
And the exact reason I don't like the NT carbs came up again. It's as lean as I can have it, and it 4 strokes at about 35 mph. Could do about 50 before, now top speed is 40. What can I do?

I have not used one but they might be ok check into a velocity stack . I think there for Nt carburetor. I might be over thinking.It can’t be no worst the those performance air filters . Well people go without a filter at all.

I do not have these two carbs in order to compare, but is the bore through the center the same diameter?? If equal then you have an air fuel ratio that is not optimum. The only other thing to consider is a smooth air flow into the manifold or adapter with no protruding edge to disrupt the air stream. Same on the intake. Velocity stack and K&N filter is the best way to go. Performance is all about getting the most amount of air into the engine. Getting the correct A/F ratio is just a lot of experimentation.

Yeah it seems the nt and hp carb are the same diameter or extremely close. The difference in power should be minimal if any. Tuning it right is key.

Unless you happen to have the speed Nt carburetor the diameter is bigger then the regular one. It should say on the side speed.The 2 I have has 5 notches on the needle instead of 4. 1 of the 2 I have also has a fuel shut off valve on it.

Both the NT and HP carbs are relatively the same size and of equal crappiness. The NT uses a needle and jet to control the mixture. The HP uses a jet and an emulsion tube to control the mix. If you find one works better than the other then it's tuned differently. Both come stock with a 70 jet. If it 4 strokes while accelerating then it's to rich and you need a smaller jet. If it bogs then its lean and you need a bigger jet. There are also other factors at play such as what exhaust you're using.

Last edited:
Back