Nt carb not pulling in gas

John Callahan

Don't know what's going on but the carb is not pulling gas into the manifold. It's dry inside the manifold after I try and start it. There is gas in the carb when I take it off. I start with come closed and everything. Am I doing something wrong?

crassius

is clutch tight enough for motor to turn, is carb seated tight on intake, is plug wet

John Callahan

Clutch is tight enough, carb is fully seated and sealed on manifold, spark plugs is not wet though. I've primed it too.

Frankenstein

In memory of Frankenstein 1991 - 2018
Don't know what's going on but the carb is not pulling gas into the manifold. It's dry inside the manifold after I try and start it. There is gas in the carb when I take it off. I start with come closed and everything. Am I doing something wrong?
I've seen a jet come in without a hole drilled in it, that could do it, might even be a clogged jet...

crassius

take off air filter, put hand over end of carb - turn motor and see if hand gets wet - if not, take carb apart and see what's wrong

Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!