NUB from NY

mykustombikes

Local time
3:22 AM
Hello. I am just about a complete NUB!! I just recently got hooked by the bike bug again and I have gotten into bike repair and resale of used bikes. Have a slew now to dismantle and cut up. I am wanting to make several of my own bikes, wether from old parts or totally from scratch. I have a weed wacker motor that runs well and came up with the idea to do a motorized bike. a couple of members from atomic zombie suggested I swing over here, so here I am. Thanks. Jody

The NY law on mopeds is that you can only register a state approved model that is complete with a MCO manufacturers certificate of origin. The only way to find out what bikes are on the list of state approved gas bikes the phone is No# 518 474 5282.

Ah, I see. well that sucks! LOL. Alrighty then! LOL. Is that simular to electric bikes or no? Thanks. Jody

The Senate here has a e-bike law in a committee called "Codes", the bill passed the Assembly and the Senate, it has to get thru the codes and then finance committees for the bill to be signed by the governor. Gas bikes will still be non-legal.
I guess Fm220 has some kind of factory made moped. I suppose one option is find a clapped-out moped and buy it for the paperwork, cut out the numbers and weld it onto your frame, making it a custom. Option 2 is to buy a moped and register it for use.

I made a gas/ electric bicycle thinking they were legal last year because of talk at a local bike shop (and them selling e-bikes) and seeing the law passed- didn't know it was merely in process. The law is S 4014 http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/search/?term=S4014.

Back