Nuvinci with a GXH50 on a USX

I thought we were talking 4-strokes but maybe we weren't. That's how well I've managed to exorcise those HTs from my life. They will never be any use until they make them properly somewhere outside of China.
The Yamaha RD 350, if that's what you meant, was a rocket but mine didn't handle that well because it had a badly designed frame (1975) and drum brakes. With no engine braking drum brakes aren't great on a 2-stroke if you come up to a bend suddenly. The Kawasaki triple was probably a bit faster. If the RD 350 had been designed in the US it probably would have had no front brake and a rear coaster brake!

I finally ended up with an RD 400 with a front disk, that was quite an improvement.My son wrecked it,not his fault really,although inexperience was a factor, he broke his femur but luckily no head injury.I tried the Kawasaki triples the 500 was powerful but a bad gashog.The 750 was overpowered for the frame, a dangerous beast actually.Someone here should take the HT's,set up shop& refurbish them.But there may be better 2 strokes to be had from Taiwan.I liked the high power /weight ratio.With my homebrew electronic ignition, you could really push them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back