O ring gasket?

Sorry I posted the question before I went to bed last night.. I'll take a picture now

Sorry I posted the question before I went to bed last night.. I'll take a picture now
All good yo, it's like text, all in writing. So we can blackmail....., i mean help you out when you got the time to get back to it. Forums been here a long time, an I don't think it's going anywhere.

This is the o ring I'm wondering about

Attachments

• 20210728_184302_HDR.jpg
    20210728_184302_HDR.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 121
This is the o ring im wondering about. It looks about the size of the piston to me but I'm not 100 percent sure on this.

This is the o ring im wondering about. It looks about the size of the piston to me but I'm not 100 percent sure on this.
It's nothing bro. it's just a rubber band.

Man you had me thinking what else is an oring for, all i could come up with is the carb. I get them free when I buy the short aluminum intakes. Sometimes they fall out of the bag when i am opening them.

edit, though i should add, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I know you LOL'd when you read my reply.

Last edited:
This is the o ring I'm wondering about

That's the Power Band your suppose to wrap it around your cylinder
After you engine warms up and when the Power Band releases it's power you'll be able to feel it.
Your band is way to small for your engine, and they only gave you one , What a rip off (n) It's not gonna produce much power
This is the size Power Bands you need. The more Bands you use the higher the Power will be (y)
DSCF4229.JPG
DSCF4230.JPG

I use a Super H/D High Performance Power Band like this one.
DSCF4228.JPG

Since your new to M/Bs Your gonna need Muffler Bearings too. China never sends the Muffler Bearings
These are the best for 2 strokes
DSCF4231.JPG

If ya need any help with installation just ask I'm always here to help (y)

Last edited:
That's the Power Band your suppose to wrap it around your cylinder
After you engine warms up and when the Power Band releases it's power you'll be able to feel it.
Your band is way to small for your engine, and they only gave you one , What a rip off (n) It's not gonna produce much power
This is the size Power Bands you need. The more Bands you use the higher the Power will be (y)
View attachment 106591View attachment 106592
I use a Super H/D High Performance Power Band like this one.
View attachment 106593

Since your new to M/Bs Your gonna need Muffler Bearings too. China never sends the Muffler Bearings
These are the best for 2 strokes
View attachment 106594

If ya need any help with installation just ask I'm always here to help (y)
Dude, they have muffler bearing!!!!! I'm stocking up, just about out.

Ok cool. You just reminded me I need to change the window motor oil in my car too- good deal thanks alot. 😲
Probably is just packing but I thought I saw somewhere on here about o ringing the heads for higher compression.

I'm just trying to learn a lot on this build so I could possibly build a few over the winter to sell while there's nothing to do with the nursery ( Thanksgiving to a few weeks before mothers day I dont have anything to do around the farm) so if my question sounds silly I apologize. I just know there's people on here that know far more about this hobby as I do.

Anyhow- thanks gor all the input

Ok cool. You just reminded me I need to change the window motor oil in my car too- good deal thanks alot. 😲
Probably is just packing but I thought I saw somewhere on here about o ringing the heads for higher compression.

I'm just trying to learn a lot on this build so I could possibly build a few over the winter to sell while there's nothing to do with the nursery ( Thanksgiving to a few weeks before mothers day I dont have anything to do around the farm) so if my question sounds silly I apologize. I just know there's people on here that know far more about this hobby as I do.

Anyhow- thanks gor all the input
You can go about oringing your head and jug in a few ways. the most common way is to machine in a ring shaped depression in both the head and jug, then use a copper wire that gauge as a gasket. I think people here were talking about using plumbers tape/thread tape for a head gasket. It works very well, an I have tried it before. They just spin some of the thread tape in their fingers to make a doughnut. then lay it on the jug properly, and slide the head down and snug 'er up. An no worries, some people are turds here, but a lot of them will help if they can. Some of us but heads, as you will read as you explore here. We are just old stubborn men stuck in our ways. We aren't really fighting, just being like the movie. ok some are, but most of us are just old stubborn men. lol. oh and be warned, don't be drinking hot coffee or tea if you are reading anything with damien posting in. you have been warned. :LOL:

Back