O ring gasket?

All4-1

Local time
11:05 PM
Hey everyone..

I've had a whole bunch of bad luck and haven't been able to work on this bike, but tonight the transmission on my car went so I need to get this bike done so I can go atleast 4 or 5 miles at a time since I have no transportation at this point.

I have 2 questions

I just found a rubber type o ring that looks like it should be put on the head- but I have no metal gasket that all the videos and how to stuff I saw had. This just has a little o ring - is that okay?

Also- can my chain being too tight be a problem? I didn't put too much give into it- maybe an eighth of an inch cause I like to make my tolerance tighter than everyone else but I have a feeling I made it too tight..

I'm very frustrated I'll most likely have more questions in the morning

I just need one win you know?
This time of year for me is usually tough but not just everything failing at the same time ( I grow nursery plants for a living) but this year is really taking the wind out of me

Any advice or anything- please
I'm at my wits end

Btw the I ring was found in the fins of the head. I don't know what to do with it

Im an old guy thats up at insane hours...lol...id like to help but lets start with this;

I just found a rubber type o ring that looks like it should be put on the head- but I have no metal gasket that all the videos and how to stuff I saw had. This just has a little o ring - is that okay?

a picture of this would be nice with a coin next to it as a size reference so i can figure out just what your speaking of...lol
Also- can my chain being too tight be a problem? I didn't put too much give into it- maybe an eighth of an inch cause I like to make my tolerance tighter than everyone else but I have a feeling I made it too tight..
A pic of this would be good too so as to advise...DAMIEN

maybe an eighth of an inch
I don't use tensioners but custom make my own chains on my bike...on the DRIVE chain, I installed the rear wheel to be sure that i have a measured, 1/2 an inch of chain up and down flex to it...any tighter than that WILL cause problems. breakage, binding, etc...lol...DAMIEN

IMG_0348.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg

OK...I answered you within four minutes of your last post...i tried...you failed...not much more i can do to help you then...DAMIEN

I don't use tensioners but custom make my own chains on my bike...on the DRIVE chain, I installed the rear wheel to be sure that i have a measured, 1/2 an inch of chain up and down flex to it...any tighter than that WILL cause problems. breakage, binding, etc...lol...DAMIEN

View attachment 106564View attachment 106565
idk if im gonna add anything to this thread, but i just like your fuq'n bike man. it's simple, sexy, and you use the chain guard!!!!! love the colors too.
Hey everyone..

I've had a whole bunch of bad luck and haven't been able to work on this bike, but tonight the transmission on my car went so I need to get this bike done so I can go atleast 4 or 5 miles at a time since I have no transportation at this point.

I have 2 questions

I'm very frustrated I'll most likely have more questions in the morning

I just need one win you know?
This time of year for me is usually tough but not just everything failing at the same time ( I grow nursery plants for a living) but this year is really taking the wind out of me

Any advice or anything- please
I'm at my wits end
it's for the carb, to seal the manifold and carb tight. I can help get ya rolling if ya need. an your chain is way to tight. need about 3/4" ( about one an 1/4 link height up and down in movement) of give. the kit chain will stretch quick too. need to adjust it a few times till it settles, once if you use a spring tensioner. then every 250 miles or so check it.

idk if im gonna add anything to this thread, but i just like your fuq'n bike man. it's simple, sexy, and you use the chain guard!!!!! love the colors too.
Thank-you...lol...Its funny what got said to me the other day by a friend i went to visit, who had never seen my bike before asked,..."Who designed that thing, Darth Vader" ???...I said nope, it was me...he replied,...I always knew you were a little bit on the DARK SIDE of the Force...lol...DAMIEN

Thank-you...lol...Its funny what got said to me the other day by a friend i went to visit, who had never seen my bike before asked,..."Who designed that thing, Darth Vader ???...I said nope, it was me...he replied,...I always knew you were a little bit on the DARK SIDE of the Force...lol...DAMIEN
My friends are afraid to ride my bikes. Some because of the simple fact of their monetary value. I like this hobby, so I spend a lot of time and some cash making my rides to my wants. An others because they are just that insanely powerful for a bicycle. Not really that powerful if you ask me, but their bikes weren't built for me. lol. I think you seen my latest build, my comfort cruiser.

Back