Oak glen run, 18.7 miles

CrazyDan

Local time
1:12 AM
This took me just over 1 hour, there was a lot of uphill. It was miles of beauty and fun. I was only able to get to second gear for the climb, left cars in the dust on the way down. Good test on the system.
favorite ride.png

I need to get a gopro, been meaning to for a while. Had a custom jackshaft plate welded up that matches the sbp 4 stroke jackshaft plate (just the plate that carries the shaft). The metal is much thicker and shouldn't twist anymore. I'm getting my monies worth on my current plate before it's retired.

I think it will last.
Wow...

Looks like a awesomeness area,,, is it fairly hot in that mountains range...

Would that be Old Call'y area
It's Socal, Yucaipa to Oak Glen and back doing the full loop. 2,539' elevation change, so it's cooler on the way up and in the valleys. It can go up to a max of 115F starting temp and 95F at the top to 25F at the bottom to 10F at the top.
I am running a 3 speed and couldn't use 3rd gear almost the whole way up. There were a couple spots I could get around 40 mph. The downhill was almost all idling over 50mph, even through most turns. Dusted all behind me and passed a couple that got in front right before the crest.

Last edited:
Back