CVT OCC Build gear box or Trans Question

20230520_182312.jpg
20230520_182247.jpg

Sorry, I forgot about getting pictures

Sweet bike. I've got one, but I haven't bothered trying to put an engine in it. @redneckracing674 built a shifter scooter with a lawnmower gear box. Maybe you could do something like that
ya it is cool just check Amazon or ebay for a motor mount around 38.00 it works ok putting a 36 rear sprocked to help top end as it revs out way fast with a 44 tooth mine sat for a while as I could not get spark outta plug tryed it the other day and got spark and 4 pulls and away it went. the issue I had was the kill switch was shorted all the time and i didn't figure that out till when I moved it it had unplugged. But all in all it's a fun one to build and looks great. Thanks

ya it is cool just check Amazon or ebay for a motor mount around 38.00 it works ok putting a 36 rear sprocked to help top end as it revs out way fast with a 44 tooth mine sat for a while as I could not get spark outta plug tryed it the other day and got spark and 4 pulls and away it went. the issue I had was the kill switch was shorted all the time and i didn't figure that out till when I moved it it had unplugged. But all in all it's a fun one to build and looks great. Thanks
I actually have the mount in my cart because I was going to use it as an engine stand, then give it to my dad so he could use it

The best thing you can use is a Strumey Archer standard 3 or 5 speed IGH as a jackshaft transmission. You can also use a Strumey Archer S3X fixed geared IGH; it'll allow you to keep both chains on the left side of the build. The 5 speed would give you the widest reduction range but you'd have to jackshaft to the right side. A 3 speed Strumey Archer or Shimano Nexus would be the cheapest but you'd still have to jackshaft to the right side; . The Strumey Archer S3X fixed gear means you could keep both chains on the left side but it would have the narrowest reduction range.
I guess your talkin about this right STURMEY ARCHER 3-SPEED SX-RK3 HUB KIT IGH FAT HUB 170MM INTERNAL GEARED SET I think for 230.00 I could just turn it into an E-bike for around 500.00 just leave the motor for looks and would eliminate all the issues chains and jackshift could you just put the hub on my wheel and shift from there. I am thinking the E- wheel would be easyer all the way around

I actually have the mount in my cart because I was going to use it as an engine stand, then give it to my dad so he could use it
I am thinking that a E-wheel would be easyer all the way around for me at least that is what I am thinking. good luck it was really not to hard of a build just went slow and making sure its all lining up.

I figured this would turn into a cood post thanks for the great help and conversation to all. I will post some pics in a month or so when I get the Trike finished see what ya all think.

OCC, would make a real good mid drive E-bike.
I think your right but they are a little outta my budget they run around 450 and a fat tire e wheel front 239 and rear 249 for a 1000 or 1500 w 48 v the battery and mount is atound 250 I been recerching for a couple months the fat tire thing is a little slim on pickings.

I think your right but they are a little outta my budget they run around 450 and a fat tire e wheel front 239 and rear 249 for a 1000 or 1500 w 48 v the battery and mount is atound 250 I been recerching for a couple months the fat tire thing is a little slim on pickings.
a full 48v 20ah OCC ebike kit is around 1200$ can prob find the stuff cheaper around amazon.

These bikes are ment for intown use. In my opinion a transmission is useless and complicated. If you have the right gearing your bike should go your desired speed

Back